Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plugging The Holes

jgobbels

I think I'm going to switch from my C-More to the 3rd GEN Doctor sight.

I do however want to plug the 6 holes in the lower frame where the C-More mounted to the SVI Frame.

Does anyone know the size and pitch for a small allen head bolt that will plug the holes?

I picked up a 4mm today but it was a bit large. I'm hoping that someone has already done this task and has the answers..

TIA,

John~

Not to go off topic but why would you want to go from a C-more to Doctor site? I have a C-more on my open gun now and before I bought it debated between the two. I shot guns with both setups and the C-more was much easier (for me anyways) to find the dot after each shot. The Doctor site has the advantage of the easier install and much smaller unit but for performance isn't the C-more better?

A bunch of us in PA have switched from C-mores to Docters. The dot is lower to the bore and in the same area as iron sights. No chopping wood in the little ports anymore. Less POA / POI shift with the lower dot. Lighter weight and the gen 3 work. It all comes down to what you like. The great thing about this game is that there are a millon ways to get to the same end.

Warpspeed~ Thanks for the info.

Basically. What Chriss Said... Must be a PA thing?

I had a chance to shoot a doctor last week and it is just as Chriss explained. The GEN 3's do work as stated as Beven has 10,000 rounds down his already and has started the machine work to install them on customer guns.

I also like the glass lense and metal body.

I think as time progresses we will see more top shooters making the switch as the sights get more round counts without failure. I think the first and second gen's were crap and thats why you dont see then atop many guns.

I'm also a non-conformist :)

Thanks~

John Gobbels

Another PA guy switching to the doctor:)

Enter the voice of dissent...

Don't plug up the holes just yet. I mean, jeez, you're thinking of getting a slide-mounted sight. What happens if #1 you don't like it, or #2 it's unreliable. Then you'll want to put the C-More back on.

At least wait until you have several thousand rounds through the new sight.

BTW, I am a former Optima user, now a C-More user. I have a couple guns with holes still in the frames. Nothing has leaked out of them yet.