Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight issues

steel1212

Ok I've got a .250 Cylinder and Slide front sight and a .360 Millet rear on my 4" 625. This combo gets me a nice 4" high group at 15-20 yards with no more down in the rear sight. I can buy Millet blades and I think the smallest they have is a .312 or replace the front sight to a .300. Which do you guys think would be best, I know the rear blade would be easiest if it would work.

You need about .033 to get zero, the .312 rear would give you .048. Should be about right.

Most of the 625s I've seen have a .300 front. If the front is a pin-on or classic, it would be easy to change.

(An you could make Cliff happy.)

Edited by Toolguy

Thanks, I'll order it up.

Question 2, where do I find a drill bit that will actually chuck into my Dewalt? The ones I got from Midway to drill the hole through the CS front was so small that it wouldn't chuck in there and I had to.....well redneck it.

Thanks, I'll order it up.

Question 2, where do I find a drill bit that will actually chuck into my Dewalt? The ones I got from Midway to drill the hole through the CS front was so small that it wouldn't chuck in there and I had to.....well redneck it.

Get a drill with a decent chuck.

Actually a drill press with a good chuck would be better. Those little bits are real easy to break.

Edited by Tom E

Anyone make a front sight that isn't wider than the target we shoot at? The fiber front on my 625 is REALLY wide, so is the one on my 646, I'd like to get something down around .100" wide with a .03-.04" fiber if I could find it, will be easier than making my own.....

I can make you one like that . I would be honored to help out a fellow craftsman. Do you have a pin-on or classic?

You know how many you could sell if you made them in the .090-.110 range?!?!? I would be in line for a few.

I can make them if it would be worth the time. First I would have to make a .125 F/O sight, then cut the top part to width.

What would you guys be willing to pay for one?

I think I just paid 32$ for the CS front sight that is .125 wide. I would easily pay that, maybe a little more for a .090 pin on one .300 high.

How do you like the C&S one? What color fiber do you guys prefer?

Its a front sight, there isn't a lot to like or dislike. It does have a hole all the way through so I can change FO rods, its ramped so it doesn't drag on the holster. It has a lightly oversized Tenon (sp) so it fits tight in the hole. I don't like drilling the hole but then again it means that the hole will be in the right spot in the sight when I'm done.

I prefer Red FO rods and I think I use .060 in most my guns.

I will give this proposal serious consideration. Thanks Steel and Mike! Does anyone else have anything to add?

Let me know how many you can produce and cost. I will sell them on my website if you are interested. I am always looking for great new products.

Greg

It does have a hole all the way through so I can change FO rods, its ramped so it doesn't drag on the holster. It has a lightly oversized Tenon (sp) so it fits tight in the hole. I don't like drilling the hole but then again it means that the hole will be in the right spot in the sight when I'm done.\

I would agree with the hole all the way through, but I personally would not want the sight ramped. I would want a .100" wide serrated post .300" high set up for the thin fiber-optic rod. If they could be marketed for about the same price as the SDM and EGW products, I'd buy them and install them on all my guns.

It does have a hole all the way through so I can change FO rods, its ramped so it doesn't drag on the holster. It has a lightly oversized Tenon (sp) so it fits tight in the hole. I don't like drilling the hole but then again it means that the hole will be in the right spot in the sight when I'm done.\

I would agree with the hole all the way through, but I personally would not want the sight ramped. I would want a .100" wide serrated post .300" high set up for the thin fiber-optic rod. If they could be marketed for about the same price as the SDM and EGW products, I'd buy them and install them on all my guns.

+1 actually +3 i have classic on all and would buy 4 to have a spare I actually prefer green as my eyes pick it up faster but If you produce any color drilled through, i can buy fiber rod any color