Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbine Stock and a bump

AlamoShooter

<_< I have hardly shot a carbine Stock / collapsible stock . the one I had was Post Ban 2003 fake Rock River stock

That I modify ed a bit for shooting off a bench.

Any Way I an new to 3 gun & I got a Magpul MOE and the carbine short tube. <_< The search tells me that its the short stroke that feels so much different . But what bothers me is the dang thing moving from my shoulder to my grip,- to my hands ,- to my scope & eye. Its like the gun is bending all over the place. Is this something I should make an effort to get used to or just go back to the normal stock setup.

:wacko: I know that 3 gun is not bench shooting but this is flattening out my learning curve

:wacko:

I am about to wrap the tube with metal tape and slide the stock back on .

Edited by AlamoShooter

I mesured the tube its the 1.16-1.17" comercial size.

The Bump is more like the gun 'Bucks and bends' from the center. I can not get it to move at all at the threads and the buffer is flush inside.

The old stock was kind of cheezy but solid. so I wanted to get a new one.

The MOE is now nice and tight with two layers of metal tape on the tube.

?#1 So is the bump just part of the short Carbine tube? ?#2 Does a long tube & buffer have any advantage at all ?

With the way it was yesterday with the stock moving all over , I did not get a very good group at 500 yards = still under 2 min but not what I am used to.

Edited by AlamoShooter

You have the wrong size carbine stock for your buffer tube. Even with the right size tube the MOE stock is not going to be as solid as a CTR, UBR or PRS. All have locking features or much more solid adjustments. You should be able to get good groups with an adjustable though. My JP with a CTR shoots right about or under an inch at 300 yds.

If he can fit two wraps of metal tape around the tube and still get the stock on, and the stock is from MagPul, not some weird off the wall brand, the tube is the wrong size. That's why I say he has the wrong size. If you're trying to figure out for your own gun, use the measurements posted above.