Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cabin Fever

Jeff686

Man, I'm really starting to get cabin fever.

The office is closed until January 5th. Everyone is gone, so I don't even have to worry about what's happening in my absence.

We've had over a week of winter weather, which would be fine, but here in the valley (Oregon), they don't have the equipment or experince to deal with it. All the December matches were either canceled or unaccessable.

I've already loaded 500 rounds of 38super ammo for the next match and setup the press to make some 45. I even ordered some new shell plates and other spare parts from Midway.

I can't leave the house. My son has a friend over for the day, and the roads are bad enough to worry about his parents getting upset if we venture onto them. I can't even dry fire, since I don't want the visitor to report that I was 'playing with my guns' to his parents.

Hey putty,

Sounds like you are having a heck of a winter so far. Reminds me of my youth in CDA!! We never had snow days back then.... Now my daughter gets a snow day if there is a chance of snow within 100 miles !!!! I talked to my Dad in Hayden, he is ready to go to Florida !

Take care

I grew up in western Pa, and the snow there was much worse and lasted longer. However, it didn't seem to be nearly as paralizing.

I guess when you have one plow for the whole city, don't use salt, and 90% of the people think chains are mandatory (and have a 5mph speed limit), things come to a screeching halt.

I think that Portland got a lot more snow. Did Eugene get any?

We got a bit of it LAST week. Not so much paralyzing feet of snow but paralyzing COLD with snow as the frosting on the cake. It's just not something we see EVERY winter nor for very LONG when it does happen. A week's worth is a little unusual. It was unbelievably slippery.

We do have graders, sanders and other road maintenance machinery but we have a priority system for clearing roads so it might be a good 24 hours before secondary roads get cleared/sanded and later even for the tertiary roads. But it's not bad.

Much of the 'bad' weather that happens in western Oregon (on the rare occasions when it DOES happen) occurs north of Eugene---from Salem and north. That's why we're sitting here with bare, dry streets and fog, but Portland has been literally shut down over the past day or so with mega-snow and bad conditions all 'round. Ditto for Seattle some winter days.

And for some reason there are no matches on Christmas. Seams like a good day to me everyone is off. Lately I have been looking at USPSA clubs in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida for a good level II or a Fredericksburg quality level one, preferably on a Saturday That I could make a weekend trip.

Just realised that I have not fired my gun for 10 weeks.

I probably won't get to shoot for another 12-16 weeks as the winters are getting longer and colder in Colorado.

Over 2008 my classification percentage has dropped from 'M' down to an 'A', and shows no sign of climbing again. Each time I shoot, I'm worried about my bloody pager going off. It seems to mess with my sub-conscious so I can't seem to get in the zone anymore like I used to.

I am totally depressed.:(

Disregard my previous post while we got to 40 for Christmas it only last an hour or 2 before the clouds and wind made it unbearable. Yesterday we got 12" of powder and today we have a high wind advisory so there wont be any shooring for awhile.