Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Armory XD Question

dbagwell

Can anybody tell me whether or not the XD magazines drop free? I've shot Glocks and Sig Pros in Production, but hate that you have to reach up and rip the mags out. I understand that this is an "engineered feature" in the Sig and the Glocks are more of a "slow drop"...sorry Glock fans. :devil: What are the XDs like?

Can anybody tell me whether or not the XD magazines drop free? I've shot Glocks and Sig Pros in Production, but hate that you have to reach up and rip the mags out. I understand that this is an "engineered feature" in the Sig and the Glocks are more of a "slow drop"...sorry Glock fans. :devil: What are the XDs like?

I have never heard of Sig mags having a problem ... but I do know that some of the older Glock mags occassionally had that problem. Nonetheless, the XD mags slide out like butter!

I have never heard of Sig mags having a problem ... but I do know that some of the older Glock mags occassionally had that problem. Nonetheless, the XD mags slide out like butter!

I shoot a Sig Pro, so I can't speak for all Sig models. While shooting, the top cartridge in the Sig Pro magazine slides forward just enough to prevent the magazine from dropping freely, if attempted while cartridges are still in the magazine.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Just to be clear, I'm not asking about dropping empty mags, I'm asking about dropping mags that still have rounds in them.

The weight does help. If your concerned about the mags slightly bowed from the rounds still inside, DON'T. they have always dropped for me on all occasions.