Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have heard tales that there is a gunsmith who has built a 10 shot .32 caliber revolver. Do you know who this was? Do you know how I could get in touch with someone who owns a revolver such as this? I have a spare N frame just sitting around and thought that this would make a fun ICORE open revolver.

I have heard tales that there is a gunsmith who has built a 10 shot .32 caliber revolver. Do you know who this was? Do you know how I could get in touch with someone who owns a revolver such as this? I have a spare N frame just sitting around and thought that this would make a fun ICORE open revolver.

Bubber might be able to remember the name of the person who had the revolver. But you are talking some serious money as you have to find someone to build the cylinder for you. Might be easier to make on the x-frame.

Kirby Goodman in Arizona made the 10 shot 32 H&R Magnum for ICORE shooting. I think he only made a veryt short run of cylinders and has not sold them except to a friend or two.

In the years I've watched they have had some timing issues but shoot very well.

When Charlie Prest came out with the first 8 shot .357 on the Model 27 Kirby was working with him and took it a step further. Charlies gun was the foundation for Smith & Wesson's 627.

We need to thank Vic Mayhren for all of this. He first came out with a 8 shot on a Star revolver and then went to .32 Magnum and a 9 shot which he still uses in our local matches.