Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Gear Set-up

THS

Can't find this in the red book.

Can I use a CR Speed inner and outer belt for production?

I seem to remember something about a belt passing through the loops, but I can't find it in the book. :unsure:

Also, as long as you're here..... Is the stiffness of the CR Speed going to be noticeable? I presently use a 1.25 inch leather gunbelt, double thick type from a well known source, with a Blade tech dropped and offset holster, and KyTac mag holders.

Thanks,

Tom

THS,

don't know if you are talking about IPSC or USPSA rules.

According to IPSC rul 5.3.4:

5.3.4 The belt carrying the holster and all allied equipment shall be at waist level. Either the belt or the inner belt or both must be permanently fixed at the waist or fixed with a minimum of three belt loops.

This is the only reference in the IPSC rulebook about belts and loops (for males).

I dunno either CR rigs :huh: , thus I hope the reference will help you.

Otherwise, please clarify your doubt.

Clarification.

USPSA production rules. Heck, I can't afford to travel more than an hour, much less to an IPSC match in another country. ;)

My recollection is that USPSA requires the belt (no mention of inner and outer) that the gear is mounted to must pass through the loops.

gmshtr questioned the stiffness of the belt I was using at a recent match, but I did not have time to ask him the specifics of his query.

Thanks,

Tom

Flexmoney...The inner and outer belt is legal, as far as I know. (I think lynn bumped his head.    )

i guess you're correct.. the result of the long lasting effect from the 'forward falling pepper popper! :o

i forgot, this is IPSC, NOT IDPA!!

lynn (i'm not drain bamaged) jones

I can confirm the increased stiffness of the CR speed over the safariland since I have 2 safariland belts & one CR speed belt. The CR is far superior & keeps all your equipment from flopping around when moving. Its inner core feels like it is made from spring steel and I doubt a belt could be made more stiff. Understand that the safariland belts are OK (I have used them since I started in USPSA) its just that the CR belt is a better product for use in USPSA/IPSC.

Thanks to this thread, I suddenly remembered I had an unused Safariland Limited Glock rig sitting in my safe. I took the holster off, added my Production el cheapo Uncle Mike's Kydex to it, and voile! My new Production rig! I have been contemplating a few more mags on my belt, and this solved that problem. I now carry 5 in the single Safariland pouches vs. the 4 in the 2 dual Fobus I was using.