Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area VI Championships April 17-19

Will any of these stages be shot at a club match before the Area 6 match? I know the GA State match was shot at the club level before the match so I would like to get the extra practice that everyone else gets too.

Most of these have been shot, in an altered form, at local matches over the last 8-9 months. That's the best way to de-bug them before a big event.

The exact stages have not been shot. That wouldn't be fair.

Mark, arent the stages posted so that you can prepare? What would the difference be if some of the stages were set up at a local match or an individual seting them up for practice? You know that I am new to the game so I am just wondering what the difference would be, I am not bitching or trying to be an ass.

Also thanks for all the advise that you gave me at Cool Springs a few weeks ago, it was a real treat to shoot with you guys.

Stages on paper rarely match what you see in person. Generally I look for specific required skills to work on. For example: shooting stronghand to handle the Texas Star, practicing shooting steel after a lot of movement, left to right transitions, weakhand shooting, just to mention a few that will be needed.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 10 = strong hand Texas star or a good set of dentures.

I was thinking about holding it with my......na after thinking about that ain't no way I'm putting that in my mouth :roflol:

I don't advise it and it may not be possible anyway, at least that's what a little birdie mentioned. :ph34r:

Stage 10 = strong hand Texas star or a good set of dentures.

I was thinking about holding it with my......na after thinking about that ain't no way I'm putting that in my mouth :roflol:

I don't advise it and it may not be possible anyway, at least that's what a little birdie mentioned. :ph34r:

Yeah, after thinking of how many people might have had it in their mouth and...gulp....other places AIN'T NO WAY!

This is my first time at area6, I'm looking forward to it. After seeing stage 3, I better bring more magazines and a bottle of tums. :o

Stage 1 is where you'll need all your mags.

And the ones that your buddy will let you borrow. Saw a bunch of people last year get half way down and run out of bullets or mags.

I have a question, why did you guys make field of steel so much easier this year.....well compared to last year. Looking at it there is only one 8 shot array. The hardest part looks to be the plates waaaay back there. Not saying it looks easy just looks easier than last year.

Edited by steel1212

Will any of these stages be shot at a club match before the Area 6 match? I know the GA State match was shot at the club level before the match so I would like to get the extra practice that everyone else gets too.

Most of these have been shot, in an altered form, at local matches over the last 8-9 months. That's the best way to de-bug them before a big event.

The exact stages have not been shot. That wouldn't be fair.

Mark, arent the stages posted so that you can prepare? What would the difference be if some of the stages were set up at a local match or an individual seting them up for practice? You know that I am new to the game so I am just wondering what the difference would be, I am not bitching or trying to be an ass.

Also thanks for all the advise that you gave me at Cool Springs a few weeks ago, it was a real treat to shoot with you guys.

The pictures that get posted and what winds up on the ground can be radically different. ;)

As far as setting them up in advance, I've had a number of people come up to me at past Area 6 matches and say things like, "Well, when we set that up at our local match it didn't look like that!" So anyone is free to set them up in advance - it's just not likely to be of any significant benefit.

The flip side of that is if the same folks hosting the match set up the stages in an identical version to what's going to be at the big show, that *could* be seen as an unfair competitive advantage even if it wasn't meant to be. The simple solution is to set them up in an altered configuration, then make sure all the nuances of the stage are good to go. There's a guillotine on one stage. It has to last through at least four hundred activations over the weekend. We ran it at a local match before last year's A6 to make sure it would hold up.

Testing and debugging in advance is the smart thing to do if you've got the resources.

**And it was a pleasure to shoot with you guys, too. When someone told me that was your second match I thought they were lying! Keep it up.

:)

Wow! Thanks for the boost Mark. Yeah most people dont believe that I have only been shooting pistol for a month. I am really excited to see where I will be after a few years of experience shooting pistol vs. the month of experience I have now. And I am definately stoked about the area 6! I am sure that the stages will kick my butt, but it will definately be a great learning experience as it will be only after two months of shooting.

This is my first time at area6, I'm looking forward to it. After seeing stage 3, I better bring more magazines and a bottle of tums. :o

And the ones that your buddy will let you borrow. Saw a bunch of people last year get half way down and run out of bullets or mags.

I saw plenty of people run out of beanies. Hell, I had 100 rounds on me and I wasn't sure I was gonna make it....

I saw plenty of people run out of beanies. Hell, I had 100 rounds on me and I wasn't sure I was gonna make it....

Saw Sevigny go to his barney if that tells anybody anything. I had 6 mags on my belt, 3 in my pockets, and one in my gun (SS) and I still had one on my belt when I was done.

Kev I was in EXACTLY the same shoes as you. I started shooting in March of last year and then shot Area 6 after only a few local club matches. It was an awesome experience though!

I am really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the advise and help that you have given me so far, it is really appreciated!

What were your goals, and how did you train for last years area 6?

Goals? Training?

Dude, I just wanted to finish the match without getting DQ'd. I knew NOTHING except the fundamentals of marksmanship. No one ever taught me anything about breaking down stages or none of that stuff. You should squad with us Sunday, Brian and I will share what we have learned over the last year.

Goals? Training?

Dude, I just wanted to finish the match without getting DQ'd. I knew NOTHING except the fundamentals of marksmanship. No one ever taught me anything about breaking down stages or none of that stuff. You should squad with us Sunday, Brian and I will share what we have learned over the last year.

Finishing the match without getting DQ'd, that sounds like a pretty good goal. Wait, that has been my goal for my first two matches as well. :roflol:

Squadding with you guys sound like a plan. I am glad I got to meet Brian he is seems like a great person, and since he spanked all of us in production at our last match it would be good for me to shoot with him.

He IS a good guy, and would be more than willing to help you in any way he can. He and I have been friends for a long time, and we have watched each others shooting get better. We both enjoy helping others so don't be afraid to ask.

He IS a good guy, and would be more than willing to help you in any way he can. He and I have been friends for a long time, and we have watched each others shooting get better. We both enjoy helping others so don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks B!

Boz I really hope that I get to meet you at Area 6 will have to let everyone know what stage you are working.

I'll be shooting with squad 24

Boz I really hope that I get to meet you at Area 6 will have to let everyone know what stage you are working.

I'll be shooting with squad 24

I got to meet a bunch of Benos members last year, looking forward to doing the same this year. I only know for sure that I will not be working the steel stage, I'm way too old for that one... :ph34r:

How about a list of squad numbers or stages you guys are working so we know who to say hi to........or avoid :-)

Corey Estill

Squad 1

I'll be wearing my flaming green Oracle Elevator shirt.....don't be jealous

Edited by steel1212

John Lovell

I will be shooting with squad 24 or 21 not sure yet.

And if I get my Tech Wear shirt in time I'll be wearing a red and black shirt with STI and American Shooters Edge logo's on the back.