Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THE Steel Challenge vs. Steel Nationals

atomicferret

These are two different matches, correct? I was reading about the last match, I think it was in Piru, CA. anyways, i wanted to know when THE steel challenge would be, and what i need to do to attend.

also, can i shoot more than one class while at the match?

"The Steel Challenge in Piru" in CA is the "World Speed Shoot Championships" http://steelchallenge.com/sc-world-match/

"The US National Steel Championships" in Florida is a Steel Challenge sactioned event http://www.ussteelshoot.com/

There are also "Smith & Wesson Steel Shoot Series" Steel Challenge events which are also Steel Challenge sactioned events.

You typically can shoot in three classes -Two main events and Rimfire (like Open, Limited and Rimfire) see match info and apps for divisions.

PMD has the info for you, but you can shoot open Revolver and Open auto at the match too. But not open revolver and Iron sight revolver at the same match. <_< we call that the Jerry rule.

I have not made it to the Nat events but I have shot in 9 of the world events. Friends that have shot at both tell me the darker background at Florida made the contrast better and helped to speed up some of the times.

<_< But I don't know, The Nat event happens the same time as my wedding anniversary and regardless to how it may seem .... :unsure: I'm not That stupid

There are several matches you can shoot at the World event in Piru.

There is a rimfire pistol (open and limited), rimfire rifle (rifles provided), and shotgun event (I think shotguns are provided) in addtion to the "main" match.

The main match usually runs Friday and Saturday, where you can shoot one entry over two days, or two entries (one day each). There are certain two entry combinations that are allowed. You'll have to check the rulebook. I know you can shoot open auto, open revolver. Open auto, limited auto. IDPA, iron sight revolver.

The rimfire pistol event is Thursday and I think the rimfire rifle and shotgun can be shot anytime Thursday or Friday.

Good luck,

Seiichi

PMD has the info for you, but you can shoot open Revolver and Open auto at the match too. But not open revolver and Iron sight revolver at the same match. <_< we call that the Jerry rule.

I have not made it to the Nat events but I have shot in 9 of the world events. Friends that have shot at both tell me the darker background at Florida made the contrast better and helped to speed up some of the times.

<_< But I don't know, The Nat event happens the same time as my wedding anniversary and regardless to how it may seem .... :unsure: I'm not That stupid

Sounds like a second honeymoon in FL could be the wise ticket Jamie. Tell Linda to bring a gun just in case you stumble across a local match. :blush: