Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 30th Anniversary NRA Bianchi Cup

NRAActionPistol

All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday with friends and family. Melissa & I returned from North Carolina and a good old fashioned Southern Christmas, we had a good time and it was hard to return to the DC rat race.

I have some exciting news, another Country Music Artist, Michael Peterson has just agreed to shoot and attend the 2009 30th Anniversary NRA Bianchi Cup. Michael is a great guy, and I am sure if you have been to any weddings in the last few years, you have heard a few of his songs. Check out his website www.michaelpetersonmusic.com and welcome him aboard the most prestigious shooting event in the world!

See ya all in May!

Tom...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All,

Good Morning,

It has been a while since I had some time to look & post on here. Shot Show went well, finally had the opportunity to meet a lot of the sponsors that have supported the Cup and NRA Action Shooting over the years.

I am slowly catching up with my admin stuff, the entries are being processed and most confirmation letters were mailed yesterday. When I left the Office yesterday I counted over 80 entries so far, the number at this stage of the Championship is a first for me.

We have some great new developments, Green Valley is building a top notch wall on the Practical Range, with that Sig Sauer will be running a side match on the lower Rifle Range.

Glock has agreed to sponsor the Championship and we received (5) five Firearms yesterday..Thanks to Glock!

I spoke with Colt Yesterday, and they are back on board as a sponsor for the Championship this year, we are extremely happy to have our founding Sponsor back at the Anniversary. Thank you Colt!

Smith & Wesson is back again, and will be donating (6) six firearms...Thank you S&W!

Ruger is back again and will be donating firearms as well...Thank you Ruger!

in combination with our Title & Stage Sponsor Midway USA and Stage Sponsors, Sig Sauer, Safariland & Bianchi International, we should have more firearms then ever!

At the request of our Competitors at the Competitor Meeting last year, we will be testing out a "New" Team Match this year, we will be running a (2) two Person Team Match, if it works out and Competitors support it, we will continue the Match.

We hired a Professional Photographer for the Championship, and at the request of our Competitors we will be running the Awards Dinner format a little bit different this year, so we all have a little more time to socialize and enjoy the company of our friends & family.

Mark Wills & Michael Peterson are looking forward to attending the Championship, we are negotiating with 2 other Celebrities and personalities for the Celebrity Pro/Am. There will be (2) confirmed National Press Agencies attending and filming the Championship.

Lots of other things are happening, come one, come all, there is only 1 30th Anniversary NRA Bianchi Cup!

Looking forward to seeing you all in May!

Tom...

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, the economy is challenged and so may the shooting sports, guns and the like under our National Adminstration. That is all the more reason for us to step up, sign up, pay up and show up for the 2009 Bianchi Cup!

The NRA under the work of Tom Hughes and Brian Zins have made some promising changes and are willing to make more as needed. Come on out to Missouri for Bianchi week and have the time of your life (whether you shoot good or not) shooting the BIANCHI CUP and the RAY CHAPMAN NOSTALGIA MATCHES.

The good people of Green Valley Rifle & Pistol Club, Chapman Academy and Columbia have welcomed us for 30 years. Let's trust they will do it for another 30 years.

Martin :cheers:

Well Martin, I am sitting here in Kansas with the temp hanging around the 30's, we had a few days when the weather was cooperative but Da** few! It is so hard to get ready for this match with it being so early in the year. But I'll be there! For any of you thinking of ordering bullets, components, or loaded ammunition from Zero, get you orders in, Margaret tells me they are swamped!!!! :D:D:D

Edited by Kim M. Beckwith

Well Martin, I am sitting here in Kansas with the temp hanging around the 30's, we had a few days when the weather was cooperative but Da** few! It is so hard to get ready for this match with it being so early in the year. But I'll be there! For any of you thinking of ordering bullets, components, or loaded ammunition from Zero, get you orders in, Margaret tells me they are swamped!!!! :D:D:D

Kim, I know about the weather too. Several of us went to Chambersburg, PA to shoot at George's as the first Mover time we have had since last fall. Actually, I shot pretty good. Clean in three events, and finished on the Mover with a 474. A 1914 right out of the shute! I typically don't do that well, when I practice like hell. A couple of our new guys are really doing well do. 2009 is going to be fine.

We also know about ZERO's backlog. Several of us have a 30K order backordered. I have already had to go to plan B, until they come in. You guys need to stop shooting so much.

Martin

Martin,

See what happens when you do like you tell everyone else to just shoot. You hadn't shot in a while and you had to rely on your subconcious. This is what happens when you don't let your head get in the way.

Good shooting, team mate. The best I have been able to do is a 1911, although it may of had something to do with the Mover itself. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin.

I am looking forward to BC 2009 as I think it will be one of the better one's, perhaps the best. After a much better than normal sign up, I believe entries have fallen off a tad, and with the economic situation as it is, it would not surprise me if some oldtimers just may not be able to justify the expense of this and other matches to the "others" in the household.

Jon Stoehr had a 1893 and he gave up a &*^%% plate! John Sanders was working on a 1898, but some thing bad went wrong on the mover........... the target was moving :roflol: . Andy Rayland is shooting very well with his metallic gun and production guns. Don 6'8" AP has been horsing around, yep with horses!

We hope to make it to Bedford, or Hinton before the Big Dance!

Martin

Something wrong with Bluefield or you just scared?

From Northern Virginia:

Chambersburg, PA - 3 hours r/t

Cumberland, MD - 5 hours r/t

Bedford, VA - 7 hours r/t

Hinton, WV - 9.5 hours r/t

Bluefield VA - 12 hours r/t

We got options now. :)

Jon

Jon,

Ain't options a nice thing? From Bedford we now have: Bluefield=6 hour round trip, Hinton= 7 hour round trip, Charlotte NC= 8 hour round trip, and Cumberland is our next closest one. Haven't figured the time on that one yet, but it's getting added to the "list! And to think MD, PA and NC have been added in the last 3 years! It's growing!! And I love it! :cheers:

Alan~^~

Well hello shooting buddy from across the mountain who dropped a light bulb on my head this past week.

I was not talking about the Mover at Bluefield. After I install a new pulley the surging problem should go away. I was talking about the mover that I shot in a match recently. You remember, the one that I shot a 473 and you shot a 459.

Hey Kim, get with it. A little cold doesn't matter. The only thing I don't like about it that brass is hard to find in snow. When I see you at the Cup I'll tell you what my wife says about guys who don't like cold weather.

Sounds like our friends from Northern VA are turning up the heat with their scores. Good, I stay on my toes that way. Good job, Guys.

Well hello shooting buddy from across the mountain who dropped a light bulb on my head this past week.

I was not talking about the Mover at Bluefield. After I install a new pulley the surging problem should go away. I was talking about the mover that I shot in a match recently. You remember, the one that I shot a 473 and you shot a 459.

Hey Kim, get with it. A little cold doesn't matter. The only thing I don't like about it that brass is hard to find in snow. When I see you at the Cup I'll tell you what my wife says about guys who don't like cold weather.

Sounds like our friends from Northern VA are turning up the heat with their scores. Good, I stay on my toes that way. Good job, Guys.

Hey now it was the first match of the season and I was coming off of shoulder surgery give me a break. Remember Kevin one of these days the student will become the teacher.

Travis

Edited by shooter1911

Hey now it was the first match of the season and I was coming off of shoulder surgery give me a break. Remember Kevin one of these days the student will become the teacher.

Travis

Travis,

Not scared of the shooters or the shooting, but my a$$ gets tired of the "seat" event.

OBTW, do not forget, that the students knows what he knows from the teacher and through discovery, BUT the teacher does not always reveal all HE knows to the student. :rolleyes:

First to admit, I am a sissy when it comes to COLD.

See you guys soon,

MJ

P.S. Actually I think I shot better when I made the down and back trips to Hinton, because I had better shoot well, since I had so much seat time invested in the trip, and it was typically my only mover before the Cup! Oh yea, I was also 10 -12 years younger too.

Edited by Allgoodhits

Travis

Travis,

Not scared of the shooters or the shooting, but my a$$ gets tired of the "seat" event.

OBTW, do not forget, that the students knows what he knows from the teacher and through discovery, BUT the teacher does not always reveal all HE knows to the student. :rolleyes:

See you guys soon,

MJ

P.S. Actually I think I shot better when I made the down and back trips to Hinton, because I had better shoot well, since I had so much seat time invested in the trip, and it was typically my only mover before the Cup! Oh yea, I was also 10 -12 years younger too.

You are right Martin the teacher does not reveal everything, but if you watch the teacher and listen you can catch about everything he knows in do time.

Travis

Travis

Travis,

See you guys soon,

MJ

You are right Martin the teacher does not reveal everything, but if you watch the teacher and listen you can catch about everything he knows in do time.

Travis

Travis,

Great, you are paying attention! Keep doing it, and read the book at least twice more before BC.

MJ