Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Excessive amount of powder drop after dispensing

Hi there fellow dillon reloaders,

I have had dillon equipment for the last 12 yrs. During all this time I had one powder measure system that I have had no problems with. I have since bought a few of the new style power measure systems. The new style have a problem with them, they are dropping an excessive amount of powder after filling a cartridge. I have called dillon and they always say the same thing, take a anti static bounce sheet and rub thru out the system I do that and it does not correct the problem. Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do to correct it. This is happening with ball and extruded powder. It is dropping so much powder that I have to stop and clean it all up because it is gumming up the press.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Rchjr

Edited by Rchjr

For rifle I had to polish the inside transition point of my powder die, where the sleeve meets the outer die the lip is to big and holds powder. Then run a dryer sheet through the entire powder drop assy.

I thought it was that stupid reset, but its not.

Also for rifle you have to count to 3 at the bottom of the stroke to let the powder run in.

For rifle I had to polish the inside transition point of my powder die, where the sleeve meets the outer die the lip is to big and holds powder. Then run a dryer sheet through the entire powder drop assy.

I thought it was that stupid reset, but its not.

Also for rifle you have to count to 3 at the bottom of the stroke to let the powder run in.

+1. Especially for extruded powder.

Ball powder is less of a problem but it does happen. Use the next largest powder bar and reset the amount of powder. Making the gap between the end of the adjustment bar and the outer small will make the powder drop a little cleaner. Put the spring back on the powder bar, even with new double bell crank system has helped with some powders for me.

I use the magnum powder bar for anything bigger than the 22-250.

I had the same problem. It looked like a snow storm at the end of the up stroke. I fixed it by putting the white plastic sleeve in the correct way. I had it in upside down.

And I thought I was the only one to make this boneheaded mistake. So thats what those schematic diagrams are for in the dillon manual :)