Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What would you do ?

hopalong

Hop since you are askin'.......

The wheelgunners have been boycotting USPSA for years (IMO). If they like to shoot USPSA matches then they would be coming to them.....as Flex said it ain't about the plaque or trophy. Some seem to think is all about the prize.

I'm all for the wheelies gettin' mo respect......if fact bring it on. Until the wheel gun numbers come up....way up ...the organization (USPSA/IDPA) is going to keep running business as usual. I really can't say what goes on in IDPA....Bill pissed me off years ago.

Since I help out at PASA a lot, I know that we leave most of the stages up for several months after the match is done. You could bring in your crew and move a few things add this or that and have your match ready in 2 days tops. As for piggybackin' the SSC.......I would vote against that. Come the next week...fine with me. I might even come over and RO for ya.

Whatever you come up with Hop......you gonna need more than 20 to make the match worth while.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you come up with Hop......you gonna need more than 20 to make the match worth while.

I don't think you'll have a problem with getting more than 20 to shoot it. You have that many plus more at nationals and those guys would shoot it if it doesn't over lap something else. Plus your going to have the guys that go to nationals but pick another division because they have to choose between revo and something else and revo generally gets the shaft.

Oh, since I'm partaking tonight, here's something that no one ever brings up:

How about we introduce a new scoring system for revolvers to even up their inherent qualities? Face it, the ones we shoot are much worse ultimately than an auto, because they are shooting auto ammo. Let's get a Super-Major class going, maybe a PF up around 210, and give them more points, something like 7-5-4-4 to encourage shooting silly revolver ammo like .45 colt and the various house-killing rounds. That would put the speedloader boys back on par with the moonclips, and maybe it could be gamed to beat SS, Prod, and L10. Get out the Model 29, load up some crazy .44 mag ammo, and cut loose!

H.

p.s. Whee!

I'm all for the idea of a stand-alone revo match. It'd be nice to hold it within one day driving distance of Pittsburgh [PASA qualifies, the way I drive].

FWIW, boycotting USPSA is a losing idea, despite the crap we take from the MV supporters. Besides, USPSA Club matches are the only venue I can count on in my area for action matches, as ICORE isn't around and IDPA appears to have too many Dudley "Do-Right" rules and too few rounds going downrange. Even so, I'm usually the only revo shooter at any of the local club matches. It takes a Regional or Section match to see other wheelies.

Being curious (something that always leads to trouble) I looked at the results of 2008's sectionals and area championships. SS Classic aside, SS doesn't normally turn out many more than revolver. They do howerver get a really good turnout for the SS Classic/Nationals by making it a "stand alone" on a non-conflicting date. We should be able to do as well.

How about we introduce a new scoring system for revolvers to even up their inherent qualities? Face it, the ones we shoot are much worse ultimately than an auto, because they are shooting auto ammo. Let's get a Super-Major class going, maybe a PF up around 210, and give them more points, something like 7-5-4-4 to encourage shooting silly revolver ammo like .45 colt and the various house-killing rounds. That would put the speedloader boys back on par with the moonclips, and maybe it could be gamed to beat SS, Prod, and L10. Get out the Model 29, load up some crazy .44 mag ammo, and cut loose!

H.

p.s. Whee!

I like it. We could call it the "Make my Day" class.

H.

p.s. Whee!

I like it. We could call it the "Make my Day" class.

Nothing like starting another equipment battle. You just know that if the revos are allowed a Super-Major category, the Open/Ltd/L10/SS folks will be right in line looking to get access to the same point structure.

Our guns are built to handle those PFs, and today's 165 Major is a light magnum load, but what about all those other divisions out there, with components "lightened" to achieve easier handling and faster target acquisition?

Standing behind some hot-shot Open shooter with today's Major rounds is one thing, with noise the major problem, followed by gas blowback on occasion. But just think of the fire-blasters that'll be out there when somebody starts pushing 38 Super to 210 PF! :surprise:

RO work will qualify for hazardous duty pay. Existing guns pushed beyond practical limits will start failing in spectacular fashion, and our sport might register its first match fatalities as an unintended consequence.

So I'd drop the whole idea, and go back to practicing reloads and dry fire some more. It's still "revolver shooter against revolver shooter", remember?

IM BACK !!!!! ;)

Well let me say a thing or two..............

First of all, Thanks to all who voted and added input.

When I was making the polls I came up with a kind of brain fart and "Boycott" was the only word I could come up with at the time.

I in no means want anybody to actually BOYCOTT any shooting sport !!!!!!!!!!!!!! We now have enough trouble as it is.

What I really meant was to have a seperate match away from the nationals to show the powers that be that there IS a good healthy revolver following and it should be promoted more than it is now.............that's all.

From the looks of the poll, a large USPSA match is the most popular. I want to include our speed loading breathren that shoot IDPA somehow so with that also recognizing Overall speed loader shooter and 1st in each class would be looked at very heavily.

Date:

up for grabs, I'll make another poll and we'll go from there. I will tell you though, I'm also MD for the MS 3-gun this year and it is in October so fall is not high up on my list. ;)

This escapade is only going to work if you do your parts too. (remember the word WE ?????)

Hopalong