Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Am style match in New Jersey

Hi All, World Class Steel is contemplating running a Pro AM type Steel Champioship sometime in April or May 2009. Would be 6 or 7 stages, Pistol and Carbine Divisions, open and iron, 10 round rules to apply and payout thru WCS Lewis system. Looking to see what weekend would work. If you know any matches that would conflict please give us your input. Max entrants would be 120, fees 45 for 1st Gun 35 for 2nd gun. Also would there be any interest in it. Steel with movemnt and props.

I would be very interested.

The PSA Shootout ( I am a sponsor) is April 23-26, 2009. I am also told that the NJ IDPA match is at your range in April. Other than that, the only conflicts I see locally are with club USPSA and IDPA matches.

Mike

P.S. What is the date for your Steel Challenge Match?

John,

I'd be interested as well.

FYI the PSA Shootout is in April - I think it's the last weekend.

Paul

Thanks for the info Mike, We need to firm up a date for the match, would guess we are looking at 1st or 2nd weekend in may. Lets see if that will work. Would be a Sat. With set up on Friday with the ro's shooting and others late in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

You can also contact Shooting USA (or Tier One Media) and order episode 28-05 for their coverage of it. Probably one of their better shows I've seen...then again, I may be a BIT biased! Their number is (615)771-1060

Shooting USA will be back for 2009, and rumor has it that Shooting Gallery may also attend to cover the amateur match!

As far as the East Coast Championship, I have no doubt that Dave, John, and Chris will put on a great event! If you weren't able to come out to last year's match here, it's a perfect chance to get a taste of the pure adrenaline and panic this format creates!

USSA will be donating two entries to the USSA Pro-Am for this match!

On a different note, I've heard rumors that there will be another "regional" type match of the Pro-Am in Florida early in the year. Hopefully we'll know something soon.

I really hope I can make it out for the Old Bridge Pro-Am!

Phil

Hi All, World Class Steel is contemplating running a Pro AM type Steel Champioship sometime in April or May 2009. Would be 6 or 7 stages, Pistol and Carbine Divisions, open and iron, 10 round rules to apply and payout thru WCS Lewis system. Looking to see what weekend would work. If you know any matches that would conflict please give us your input. Max entrants would be 120, fees 45 for 1st Gun 35 for 2nd gun. Also would there be any interest in it. Steel with movemnt and props.

This looks interesting enough that I just might take the long and arduous drive (Hey, it could be up to 20 minutes if I hit traffic!) and shoot this match.

Slav,, for this trip try and hook up with Jim Norman and the big bus since its such a long drive,,, you guys can over nite at the range , heard he has the bus song down to a science since he did the georgia match,,,, This match should be something else,, have some great stages for it already,,, and tonnssss of steel,,, just finished a bunch more today,,,

For those of you who have never shot one of the matches run by WORLD CLASS STEEL, I can highly recommend them. The match is first rate, the staff friendly, the food good, the prizes fine also. Give this match a try! You will not be sorry.

Edited by mikegot38

• 2 weeks later...