Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Grip Replacement

Seth

Is an STI grip an STI grip or are there subtleties between them? Do they require any attention or fitting beyond plug n play?

The stipple jobs I've done have reused the same grip. Is there typically anything to double check after replacement?

Seth

Don't be surprised if the trigger doesn't fit the new grip, and don't be surprised if the grip doesn't fit the frame exactly. The front triggerguard screws in particular can be a pain. Some will go right on and some will fight you.

Also the mags that were dropping free with the old grip might not with the new one. I've had these happen several times.

+1

For whatever reason the newer grips I've done are just a smidge tighter. They're often fine with STI mags, but SV tubes will often drag (mostly on the front and the front corners of the tube) to the point that they won't drop free. I did one recently for one of my guns and had to dremel the heck out of the inside to get the mags to drop free. It now looks like h@ll, but it works. R,

Grip replaced. Trigger channel was a little tighter, but otherwise everything seems fine. Ran 150 rounds without incident.

Any reason why the trigger pull *might* have gotten a little heavier? Its not much, but occasionally I wonder if it changed. Its probably my imagination....