Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Armory - What is going on ? any alternate recommendation

Does anyone know what is happening down at SA

I was informed by my local dealer that the "Trophy Match" I want is not available and he can not tell me when it will be. So I called other dealers and the same thing. I called one dealer who told me that there are no 1911's available.

Next I called SA and the customer service rep told me it would be at least 6 months before I would see it. He was very " As a matter of fact about it" I asked if it would be possible to order through their custom shop and he said it would take just as long.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, or where i can find a "Trophy Match" Lastly what would be an alternate recommendation of equal or better quality?

Thank you

Pete

When I bought my last SA they told me three months, but it was really just under two. This is a manufacturing setting so schedules have to be made and followed. That's probably where the 'matter of fact' response comes from.

Buy a Wilson or Les Baer. Both are a big step up in quality and reliability.

And price

Gunbroker and gunsamerica had some

Springfield runs production runs of say loadeds, then they'll do some TRPs or Trophy matchs. As far as I know they don't have lines for each type of gun but just run a bunch of them then switch to the next type.

Edited by steel1212

Went on gun broker yesterday and one had just sold. Also called a dealer in TN where someone saw one this weekend and i am waiting for a response.

I am surprised at the lack of availability and the 6 month eta that SA is reporting. I will look into the other recommendations.

Thanks

Went on gun broker yesterday and one had just sold. Also called a dealer in TN where someone saw one this weekend and i am waiting for a response.

I am surprised at the lack of availability and the 6 month eta that SA is reporting. I will look into the other recommendations.

Thanks

See post #6 :rolleyes: If everybody is out they are out and won't have them again until springfield does another run.

Edited by steel1212

Thanks for the help. I had the opportunity to shoot a SA Loaded and A Kimber Gold Match. Well I have ordered my Kimber and it will be in the store on Monday. Looks same as SA Tropghy Match,(almost) but felt great and shot nice.

I know that the SA Loaded I shot is not the same as the SA Trophy Match, I felt better with the Kimber. The Owner of both of these guns says that Kimber is a better gun and mor accurate out of the box. Not sure if that is true or not but I can't wait to get mine.

Edited by Titanium Eagle