Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger insert too loose

Rocket35

The overtravel screw should capture the insert making it impossible to fall out or jam against the frame. If you are careful you can squeeze the top & bottom of the base to hold the insert better, or add a bit of JB weld might be easier for you...

I may try tweaking it before the JB weld. But the set screw had to be screwed in to the point it is past the insert's hole....

Might need a longer screw. What shape, length and color insert is it? I have a couple extras here and might have what you're looking for. All the ones I've used have been so tight as to require taping them in with a mallet (no mar). R,

This may not apply but it is strange the screw is turned in far enough to clear the insert unless of course when turning the screw in to remove or install a new insert you did not remove the mag catch. Not removing the mag catch and turning in the screw will actually pull the trigger shoe base off the bow. This would then require the screw be turned in further to adjust over travel and clear the shoe as you have described. I probably did a terrible job describing this.

This may not apply but it is strange the screw is turned in far enough to clear the insert unless of course when turning the screw in to remove or install a new insert you did not remove the mag catch. Not removing the mag catch and turning in the screw will actually pull the trigger shoe base off the bow. This would then require the screw be turned in further to adjust over travel and clear the shoe as you have described. I probably did a terrible job describing this.

Not a bad description and is a possibility... :ph34r: Or the screw could be too short.