Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rhino's Tactical Action Tales & Other Adventures

rhino

Just a few short months ago, a Canadian special operations team was pinned down by the Iraqi Republican Guard a few klicks to the east of Al Sulaymaniyah, near the Iranian border. As usual, Tactical Eric and I were deployed to lend a helping hand to yet another elite combat team facing certain death. Needless to say, we kicked rightous a** and prevailed in a tale that will never make the mainstream press.

The photo shows us in action toward the end of the primary conflict. I'm the one on the right.

tactical.jpg

From the Super True Adventures of Tactical Eric & the Chairborne Ranger

Dude, how the **** are you gonna hit anything with the caps on your co-witnessed sight?

Uh, would you believe that's an optical illusion?

Or, maybe a sandstorm was coming and I just slapped them on there?

Or . . . uh . . .

D'OH!

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a cheapie chicom chest rig to use for the class this coming week. I'm wearing it around the house with six loaded 30rd mags and four 20rd mags to get used to it so I won't be surprised on Tuesday!

I got it from Cheaper Than Dirt for $9.97, but they just lowered the price to $8.00! Take that Blackhawkers!

AKS-221.jpg

Catalog Item #: AKS-221 (mine is the OD green version)

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product...P3SM1B0W54H0KAE

From the looks of the shoulder straps, I thought it would not be very comfy. I'm wearing it right now with 290 rounds in magazines and it's not bad at all.

Is it a little, I dunno . . . weird . . . to go around the house with almost 300 rounds of .223 on your person?

Welcome Welcome Welcome! :)

Confession: I went to church today and realized half way through Mass that I wasn't carrying any spare magazines for my second pistol! I was antsy until I got to the truck where I had one stashed. Whew! :ph34r:

You guys forgot a few details:

Camo, you've gotta have camo. We had a guy show up for a match once who was cammied head to toe. Every item was a different pattern.

K-bar. Preferably electrical-taped upside down to your web gear.

Sweatband. Black is best, but the stars and stripes pattern always gets nods of approval.

Tactical thigh holster, and extra bonus points if you have a lanyard on your blaster.

Belted machinegun ammo, in an "X" across your chest.

As for wearing mucho ammo aorund the house, I wear new gear that I get to write about. One day a big box arrives UPS next day air, and in fifteen minutes I've got vest, holster, thigh rig and other gear on, checking fit. The doorbell rings. It's FedEx, with an overnight package. Every try to get a terrycloth bathrobe off once it gets attached to the velcro panels?