Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK, here is the Caspian Blaster I stole today

DanM

I Can't believe Merlin didn't scoop me on this :roflol:

Here it is.

CaspianOpenGun001.jpg

CaspianOpenGun004.jpg

CaspianOpenGun002.jpg

Now I'm pretty sure my eight year old son could weld better than that. WTF??

I've been patiently waiting for a used open gun to fall out of the sky and today it happened. I know new mags are in order and I have an email in to Jim Anglin to see about getting it converted to 9Major and some new mags made up. I have a few questions as all I know are Glocks and XD's and this is my first Death Ray. Don't worry, the Chi-com Acupoint clone is going bye-bye.

1. The only grips on the gun is some non-skid tape. Is this normal?

2. Do normal STI things fit in this thing? The backstrap safety feels goofy and is non-functional.

3. How in the name of god do I get the barrel out of the slide?

4. Does the new canted C-more mounts fit on these guns?

2. Do normal STI things fit in this thing? The backstrap safety feels goofy and is non-functional.

1. Skate tape is pretty common on Caspain wide body guns in both Open and Limited, so you're good there.

2. Pretty much nothing from STI fits a Caspian gun. The grip safety is likely either pinned or deactivated so that it won't work.

3. Take the slide off and take a look at the guide rod. It's probably a one-piece. Compress the spring and look for a small hole in the rod. Put a small piece of paper clip, bent 90 degrees into the hole and let the spring release until the pin catches on the revers plug. Remove the rod to the rear and the barrel should come right out.

4. You can get a Barry mount undrilled so that you can have the holes drilled in it to match the current holes in the frame. I know Matt McLearn is using a Barry mount on a Capsian Open gun, so you should be fine.

DanM, Congrats on your Caspian!

Grip options are; skid tape, Alumagrips makes a thin grip along with CPMI in CA, Hogue has a wood grip that is thin.

You can get a grip safety from Caspian that does not have the bump, it will require some minor fitting.

Gman has pretty much covered removing the barrel from the slide.

Measure the holes center to center on the sight mount and you can either order an undrilled Barry Mount or see if Barry will drill the holes to match your hole pattern.

Now shoot that blaster like you stole it!!!! :cheers:

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

:surprise:

horrible lookin

I havent got any E-mails.

Id use shoot the thing before I put one of those canted mounts on it, caspian makes a

mount for the c-more so the scope doesnt set up so High, Just becasue Matt is shooting on

of those mounts doesnt mean its gonna work for everyone expecially if ya havent shot

open much, stick with the basics when ya are starting out,

Caspians dust cover is a little thin to be putting a one sided mount on it, even if some of yas

are shooting one on your caspian and are successful with a one sided mount i still

dont recommned it =seen a lot of them break (dustcovers).

Jim/Pa

Sailors :roflol::devil:

Not surprisingly, Jim is 100 % right, the dust cover is quite thin compared to STI type frames. I had an extra plate silver soldered to the dust cover in order to have enough meat for a proper fitting c-more mount.

After you're sure its a keeper, get Jim to fix up a big stick for you. He made one for me from a no-name l-o-n-g magazine I had and it was 100 % reliable with 29 rounds of SuperComp.

I really like the Caspian frame, have fun with it!

Hey man,

I think I saw you in the shop the other day? Is this the gun you told me about? Looks like a great pistol!!! Are you interested in selling the POS red dot on it? I will take it off your hands for $25. I am looking for a cheap red dot for a kel-tec I bought my wife for plinking. My email address is: cheers623@aol.com

Anyway, have fun shooting that bad boy and drop me a line. BTW, welcome to the dark side........

Chris Olka

cheers623

Hey man,

I think I saw you in the shop the other day? Is this the gun you told me about? Looks like a great pistol!!! Are you interested in selling the POS red dot on it? I will take it off your hands for $25. I am looking for a cheap red dot for a kel-tec I bought my wife for plinking. My email address is: cheers623@aol.com

Anyway, have fun shooting that bad boy and drop me a line. BTW, welcome to the dark side........

Chris Olka

cheers623

Yup, that is the gun. I put 50 rnds of factory +p thru it and it has all the recoil of a .22 VEWY weird... lol I'm going to hang on to the Optic for now. It might go on my range AR. We've had good luck with the Barska cheapie dots.