Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Resting Rifle on Mag

jobob

In the middle of the stage some shooters had a deer come running through chased by a big old kitty.

Damn, I'd lose that match. I'd have to stop mid-stage and root for the cat... :lol: heh heh... I still can't get the buck that kept infiltrating stage 1 at the '07 Open/L10 nats, either... All this gunfire going on, and he's like "Whatcha gonna do, man?"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note:

This thread is starting to be about specific people. If any of that continues (in any direction), the thread will be killed.

Please limit the discussion to the "thing/idea". And, please keep it a discussion.

(The "liberal" and "spread the wealth" comments don't help much either. ;) )

- Admin.

Meh. I've used cinched magazines, and every so often I contemplate going back to them, but they don't provide any advantage over monopoding off a single mag. They make it a tad easier to reload while prone, and that's about all.

So why do we think we need a new rule? Fewer rules are better, in shooting as in everything else.

- Chris

Wow this is gettin' a little heavy. I think it's a silly rule but at the same time I think it's silly not to go to the match because of the rule. If it's a good match I'd go. If a rule like this does drive a few folks off, so be it. Free market isn't painless. I'm finally able to go this year and am looking forward to seeing guys kick my butt. My hope is there will be lots of people there I can learn from. I don't care about the rules, I already shoot 3 different rule sets and have to adapt to each one. Some have pretty dumb rules, but the matches are fun. I've seen a few responses that are polite and constructive, but I think both sides of this argument are starting to take things WAY to personally. Chill out a little, shooting is supposed to be fun. Remember?

Note:

This thread is starting to be about specific people. If any of that continues (in any direction), the thread will be killed.

Please limit the discussion to the "thing/idea". And, please keep it a discussion.

(The "liberal" and "spread the wealth" comments don't help much either. ;) )

- Admin.

Amen to that! Some folks are taking things way too personally and getting their backs up. I was even temped to make some personal comments, which would have been the wrong thing to do. So, I'm begging out of this argument, though I feel a little sheepish having started it. Since I've pretty much said everything that needs saying anyway, I'm sure everyone agrees with me now, right?

Anyone remember the words to Kume By Ya? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I got my feelings hurt

Let's see, I think I'll play the "I'm a girl" card now!

I said, and I really meant, that it's great you all have so much passion for all these topics, including the mag capacity thing and everything. It says you care a lot! :cheers:

But, I'm going to be a good girl now and just rant and rave to myself!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm glad we can (at least for now) play with and argue about guns!

I came to the party late and having read through 3 + pages of discussion still feel as I did after the first page. This has got to be one of the dumbest rule changes ( yes changes, as I can't now do what I've done since the first RM3G) I've come across. I run a Redi-mag have for as long as I've been 3 gunning, which is quite a while. I use it for reloads and mono-podding. I spent countless hours and ammo learning how to do it quick and accurately. Just to be clear, I DON'T like the change, and as I've said many times, change is not your friend!

Keith