Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Targets

Rocket

I recently found a great private range close (5 min.) to my home. It's in great shape , cheap and almost never used by anyone. I'm stoked , but I'm going to have to buy some equipement , like target stands and a few poppers. I'd like to find a few static plates as well , something that rings like a bell . Anyone have any experiance on who makes the best stuff.

Bill

Try GT Targets at:

http://www.gttargets.com/

Karl McKeever/CEO is an active USPSA competitor & sponsor of major matches including the Summer Blast. His targets are made of steel selected to take the counstant pounding of open guns launching 124 Montanas at well over 1330FPS - why does this matter? Because, many of the other steel target manufacturers out there produce steel targets w/ SASS/Cowboy action shooting in mind where all bullets are required to be non-jacketed lead and velocities are typically quite low. The steel they often use does not stand up as well as the steel used in Karl's targets. Besides, his match sponsorship matters to us all. Whoever you select, you might want to ask if their targets are specifically designed for USPSA/IPSC. DVC, D.