Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barry Mount Converson (Cant Mount)

CenTX

CenTX,

Great post. Thanks for the information. I just ordered a new blaster from Shooters Connection and I'm going to install the Barry mount on that gun. I send Chuck at SC Barry's email address so maybe Shooter Connection will be offering the mount for sale soon.

PJ

I dont know if I got it.

Not sure how it would work with our sidewinder racker. Would have to look at it.

CenTX,

Great post. Thanks for the information. I just ordered a new blaster from Shooters Connection and I'm going to install the Barry mount on that gun. I send Chuck at SC Barry's email address so maybe Shooter Connection will be offering the mount for sale soon.

PJ

I dont know if I got it.

Not sure how it would work with our sidewinder racker. Would have to look at it.

Ain't going to make it with the Barry...

CenTX,

PJ

I dont know if I got it.

JT,

Have you put a Sidewinder next to a gun with a Barry mount? I'm looking for any info I can find as I'm looking at the swap pretty seriously.

Both of my current guns have Chuck's mounts and Sidewinders. I bought a Barry mount and haven't put it on yet, but I did line it up on the pad of the SC mount, and then in front of the SC mount to gauge offset on the dust cover and it looks like it might actually squeak by. I was thinking at most it might take a little trim on the edge of the Barry and maybe a notch in the Sidewinder (or a slight bend if possible) and it should be doable if it won't quite make it now. I know Derek told me he's been taking a bit off of the Barry mounts to make them a little smoother and smaller...but there's only so much you can remove. Anywone if you or anybody else has tried this, inquiring minds want to know! R

CenTX,

PJ

I dont know if I got it.

JT,

Have you put a Sidewinder next to a gun with a Barry mount? I'm looking for any info I can find as I'm looking at the swap pretty seriously.

Both of my current guns have Chuck's mounts and Sidewinders. I bought a Barry mount and haven't put it on yet, but I did line it up on the pad of the SC mount, and then in front of the SC mount to gauge offset on the dust cover and it looks like it might actually squeak by. I was thinking at most it might take a little trim on the edge of the Barry and maybe a notch in the Sidewinder (or a slight bend if possible) and it should be doable if it won't quite make it now. I know Derek told me he's been taking a bit off of the Barry mounts to make them a little smoother and smaller...but there's only so much you can remove. Anywone if you or anybody else has tried this, inquiring minds want to know! R

I just eyeballed it and the lack of room... I never tried to mount it up.

Brownell's sells a straight racker that Holliday89 has on his gun. I am using the same one only I angled it for clearance with my holster. This is another case where the Barry mount is easier to setup and use for lefties than righties.

If you want a racker on the left-side of the gun with a Barry mount, it is going to take some creative engineering. I think this is an opportunity for one of the many parts mfr.

• 5 weeks later...

My shorty has been giving me fits with ejection problems. For some reason this particular gun wants to eject a case or two per match closer to 12:30 rather than the usual 2'oclock. I have tried different loads, extractors, aftecs, shaping the ejector, same headstamp, new brass etc but I still could not get it to run 100%.

I'm now giving the Barry mount a spin and the first range test yesterday was 300+ rounds and flawless ejection every time. I'm looking forward to the real test (matches) but for now my hopes are pretty high. The racker is a Sidewinder and there is no way it will clear the CMore so I moved it to the right side and it gives it a nice backwards look. Kinda matches the shooter every so often so I think I'll keep it for now. :wacko:

At the end of practice I didn't even notice the CMore and I do like how tight the dot is to the slide. Anyone else use a Barry to cure ejection ills?

post-2803-1230618056_thumb.jpg

I use a Barry on my 9mm Open gun so that I can use any old brass I can get my hands on. It turned my gun into an ammo trash can, if the ammo will fit in the gun it will fire and eject!! With conventional C-more mounting I had to be much more careful with my brass, a dinged up case would jam the gun if it ejected too high and bounced back in. Now it just runs and runs even with really beat up brass, as long as it fits the case gauge it will run in the gun. I have extremely limited time for loading, sorting brass and things like that are just out of the question so to me the mount has been a life saver. The ejection pattern on this gun is very well tuned so the mount didn't 'fix' anything, with good brass it will stack them up when they eject but it drastically increased the tolerance the gun has for dinged up brass.

I use a Barry on my 9mm Open gun so that I can use any old brass I can get my hands on. It turned my gun into an ammo trash can, if the ammo will fit in the gun it will fire and eject!! With conventional C-more mounting I had to be much more careful with my brass, a dinged up case would jam the gun if it ejected too high and bounced back in. Now it just runs and runs even with really beat up brass, as long as it fits the case gauge it will run in the gun. I have extremely limited time for loading, sorting brass and things like that are just out of the question so to me the mount has been a life saver. The ejection pattern on this gun is very well tuned so the mount didn't 'fix' anything, with good brass it will stack them up when they eject but it drastically increased the tolerance the gun has for dinged up brass.

Nice. I did get a better pattern with new brass and ran it for a few major matches this past year still with mixed results. For local matches I use once fired brass and the inconsistency in the pattern is obvious. If I get through the first quarter of '09 with no failures it will be a success for me.

If it isn't running 100% with decent brass making decent ammo, decent mags and the Barry mount something is wrong with the gun, if you have a good 9mm plumber in your area take the gun and have it looked over. If you don't have one in your area I would send it out.

Nice. I did get a better pattern with new brass and ran it for a few major matches this past year still with mixed results. For local matches I use once fired brass and the inconsistency in the pattern is obvious. If I get through the first quarter of '09 with no failures it will be a success for me.

Juju bad. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
I've wondered about these mounts. I like the idea of getting the dot closer to the barrel. But looking at the pics from the backside of the gun it looks like the mount takes up an awful lot of your field of view to the left. It seems like it would kinda be in the way on left side transitions. Was/is this an issue?

Not an issue.

IMG_1125.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got my Barry Mount so I can replace my OKO red dot to a C-More last week.

It is great to not need to hold the gun low for locating the red Dot.

Anyway, I was just wondering how you guys (experts) sight in you C-More.

The way I did mine was to hold the gun on an angle so the C-More is parallel to the earth and made the shots, and then make the adjustments.

I just didn’t like the draw an X on paper (instead of +) and make the adjustment thing. This might work for some folks but for a simple guy like me holding the gun on an angle was just simpler.

Is there an easier way sighting in a Berry Mount/C-More, I am just seeking.

Thomas

If it worked, it is not wrong.

+1

I have gotten pretty good at adjusting both screws to get vertical or horizontal adjustments, but it does tend to take more shots to sight these in. I am going to try the 'angle' technique next time I need to sight mine in.