Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is classifiercalc.com

Jeff686

I ran a recent score through the classifier calc. I am sure I have the correct score, I wrote it down in my notebook.

The classifiercalc said it was a 72%

It gets on uspsa.com during today's update, and it's a 69%.

Either it was entered wrong at my club, or the online calculator is wrong.

Anyone know if the online calc is accurate?

Thanks!

Jef

I have no idea how often it is updated. I have had some classifier scores come back almost 5% lower than what the calculator stated. It's not perfect, but a good enough approximation for most classifiers.

Mine have always been dead on in Production and Open. Maybe you shot an "odd" classifier and things have changed. There's a link on the page to let the developer know if it's off. Shoot him an e-mail. I'm sure he'd be interested to know.

Classifier 100% mark can change as better top scores are turned in. Then the Calc is playing catch up with those new numbers. I beleive they use the average of the top 10 hit factors. This means you can shoot more than the 100%. I had one once that was 115%, that was a long time ago. Those only show up as 100% now. Rob may be able to explain it better but he may also be sworn to secrecy on how its actually done. There used to be individual discretion on what scores to allow also.

I remember when I was moving up and shot a 100, Dave called our club president and asked him if I could really shoot a 100% score. Back then I had a few arguments with headquarters over what did and didn't count. One of my first match wins was not counted for a classifier but then Todd won the next one and it did. Just depended if they thought it should count. Then we moved to the 3 GM rule for it to count. Not sure if thats still strictly followed or if it ever was.