Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Magazine Pouch or Quad Magazine Pouch

DMAC

I am about to shoot my first 3 gun match. I have a glock 22 and 4 mags that hold 15 rds each. I was thinking about getting the Blade Tech double mag pouch with Tek-lok, but I noticed that they make a quad mag pouch as well. Are there many stages in three gun that will require more than 45 rounds of ammo for the handgun? If so, I will consider getting the quad mag pouch. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Blade Tech Quad Mag Pouch

I looked into the quad mag pouch but it looked like the 2nd row of mags might be so close to the first that they would be difficult to grasp. FWIW, I have found that 2 Blackhawk CQC single mag pouches fit closer together on my belt than my old double mag pouch, so I bought 4 of them.

Edited by Graham Smith

For 3 gun.. you'll reload infrequently.. At 'normal' 3 Gun.. I'd think it's maybe 1 stage out of 5, you'd have to reload.. probably much less than that.

One in the pistol +2.. is fine for almost all 3 gun matches..

Iron Man is probably the only exception.

I use a quad for Single stack but that is the only time. I would go a double or 2 singles for 3 gun shooting. I think the most pistol I have had in a 3gun/multigun was like 32 -34 rounds and those were all close hoser paper targets so 2 should be plenty. With all the other stuff you need on the belt keep pistol to a minimim

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go with Blade Tech and get a double mag pouch for the glock 22 and a 30 round mag AR pouch.

Now for deciding what in the heck to do about shotgun shells :wacko:

I've searched this site for some ideas and there are a lot of ideas.