Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Utopia

I've found it in a revolver but in the auto's its been elusive or hasn't been made for my hand yet. I like the glock 23, and the 35 is good to, but a little muzzel heavy the grip is good on both but seems like it could be just a tad wider but that would hurt concealibility.Now I'm wondering if the 22 would be the best compromise but it seems silly to spend $500 to find out but if it took care of the urge it would be worth it in a way. Anyone else experienced this. For carry its the 23, good grip and small package and light. I like the 1911 ok, mainly for the 45 cal and the history.The beretta's feel pretty good but they are a big signature.I like shooting to much to just shoot the revolver but at least I have found contentment there and no more searching.

I like the glock 23, and the 35 is good to, but a little muzzel heavy the grip is good on both but seems like it could be just a tad wider but that would hurt concealibility.Now I'm wondering if the 22 would be the best compromise...

The 22 is the same as the 35 except with a shorter upper. Adding grip tape can help with widening the grip.

I know, just wondering if the shorter upper would take care of that "feeling".

Yes it does. I also carry the 23 and the 27, but I have smaller hands. IMHO the 35 with a full mag is well balanced, but the 35 is more of a competition gun, not a carry gun. I compete with the 34/35 and the 22/17. I don't notice much difference between them.

Edited by racerba

...Now I'm wondering if the 22 would be the best compromise but it seems silly to spend $500 to find out but if it took care of the urge it would be worth it in a way. Anyone else experienced this...

The G22 is a fairly common rental gun at public ranges. It may cost you something (lane and gun rental plus range ammo) but not 5 C notes to find out how it compares...

IMHO the 35 with a full mag is well balanced, but the 35 is more of a competition gun, not a carry gun.

Actually, I carried a Glock 34 concealed every day for about four years. The G34 (and 35 for that matter) were designed from the ground up to be a Glock the same overall size as a 1911 Government Model. If I can carry and conceal a GM, which I did for years - and am about to start doing again - I can carry and conceal a Glock 34. The main difference, of course, being the Glock is just one hell of a lot lighter! :lol:

it seems silly to spend $500 to find out but if it took care of the urge it would be worth it in a way.

I've done worse things just to find out if I liked them than buy a new glock! Just curious though; why no rentals where you live?

? Population ? Theres just not any formal ranges. Everyone owns something and shoots wherever. Nothing organized without driving 2 hours away and then I think you just bring what you've got. I wish we had a range and some competition, thats what makes it fun but the best you can hope for around here is a couple people to compete against then if one of them isn't safe enough for my liking I don't ever shoot around them again so you see how that tends to eliminate shooting buddies but beats the alternative.