Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Magazines

urnsrus

Lots of good mags out there and I really dont know which is best as far as 20 and 30 round mags. But the mags sold by Brownells as thier own come with chrome springs and anti tilt followers are good enough. Good price and always seem to be in stock. Some times good enough is , well, good enough.---------------Larry

P-mags have a good reputation. I have some (prize table) so maybe I should try them sometimes. No problems with a limited quantity of Cproducts (Al and SS) and Brownells so far. Thermold and Orlite work in my guns (although some Thermold did not drop free from a Bushmaster lower if they still had ammo in them). All that said - the mags I use all seem to be older USGI and they are all beat up with green followers and half the finish worn off.

Apparently, many vendors are out of 30rd AR15 mags of ALL varieties. 44mag.com has transparent Lancers and some 20rd aluminum.

Lee

I'll put in another vote for D & H mags.

They sponsored me for the Tri-Gun this year and required my use of their 30 rd or 20 rd teflon green follower mags.

I didn't have any issues with their mags at all. They loaded to 30 rds easily. They are sold mainly to the Israeli Army as I'm told. We are trying to get out hands on a large amount from the factory while we still can.

I haven't heard anything bad about Pmags other than their availability. Magpul says they're trying as hard as they can and are selling only to distributers. So get on the backorder list if you really want some.

I've also tried the Lancer L5 mags without issue. They feel a little nose heavy when you load the mag up but they seem to feed fine. A little pricey at $19 but they are totally translucent with steel feed lips. I'd like to know if anyone is using Lancer L5 mags in competition and how they work. A 3-gun Ro said he saw some clear mags failing at the Rocky mountain shoot.

Nick

Mags that I have used that work well:

Brownells

PMags and Nordic is now making an extension to give you a 45 rounder that works like a charm

H&K which are steel but slick as owl grease

GI contract mags

Betas work if you follow the instructions but I do not see much in the way of benefit for them in a match. If you are going to buy one buy new rather than used so if it is going to fail you can send it back and avoid the srew up of the previous owner.