Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out of Country November 10th - 28th

sinnsyk

We're leaving for New Zealand on Monday 10th at 8pm from Los Angeles for the 2008 New Zealand IPSC Pistol Nationals. We'll be back on the morning of the 28th.

While we're gone we're having a family member package and ship for us so you can place your orders and email your questions, special requests etc.

Since US phone in NZ will be retardedly expensive I'll be available on a New Zealand cell phone.

From US: 011 64 21 2597985

From Europe: +64 21 2597985

We leave 8pm on Monday from LAX and it's a 13 hour flight. The phone will be operational Wednesday 12th at 10am New Zealand time. Here's how you figure when to call us:

US Pacific Time is 3 hours later than NZ (California 3pm = New Zealand 12pm)

US Mountain Time is 4 hours later than NZ (Colorado 3pm = New Zealand 11am)

US Central Time is 5 hours later than NZ (Texas 3pm = New Zealand 10am)

US Eastern Time is 6 hours later than NZ (Florida 3pm = New Zealand 9am)

Okay, so for those of you who know, New Zealand is actually 'ahead' of US and in fact a day, but I think it's easier to deduct 4 hours instead of adding 20. Agree? What day it is doesn't really matter anyway... Just realize that if you're calling me on Tuesday, it's actually Wednesday in New Zealand.

If you're in Europe you're smart enough to figure this shit out yourself... I hope, I'm not ;-)

Here's our schedule so you've got an idea:

10th: Departing LAX at 8:30pm US Pacific Time

12th: Arrive in Auckland and spending the day in Auckland

13th: Getting picked up by NZ shooters and driving to Rotorua

14th: Shooting the match (Friday)

15th: Shooting the match (Saturday)

16th: Shooting the match (Sunday) and driving back to Auckland

17th: We're renting a car and starting our 12 day trip. (Monday)

28th: Leaving Auckland at 7:40pm for LAX.

28th: Arriving in LAX at 10:30am. Picking up our car and starting our drive back to Colorado. Note that we're planning to drive through San Francisco and probably stopping by the Redwoods again. I've done this trip many times, but Eddie and Emma have never seen it and I think it's something everyone should see if they're in the area. Here's an article from my trip there in 2006: http://www.henningshootsguns.com/pages/200...i_redwoods.html

Edited by sinnsyk

Hey Jim

The first batch of Fiber sights was out of stock in three days. Second batch will be coated on Monday next week, our helper will pick them up on Wednesday and ship everything out.

I was suppose to get one of the first ones when they got there, but I didn't hear from you.

I also called and left you a message to get back with me and didn't hear from you. I guess I get it when I get it....

Any status on the mags for the large frame? Are you not going to go forward now waiting for Tanfo to get some new mags out? I wouldn't hold my breath on that if it was anything like getting the guns in..................

Edited by JThompson

Hey Jim

Things got pretty crazy here before we left. I had a post-it note that you wanted a sight, but sorry got forgotten. And we sold out in three days. Because we're out of town, our helper will pick up the second batch from the coater on Wednesday and ship out right away. You will get some from this batch. Think I sent you an email while I was in Arizona at Area 2?

I'm at Los Angeles airport checking my emails for the last time before we board the plane. I'll be online again as soon as we're landing in Auckland. We're being picked up by a friend at the airport when we land and checking in to a hotel close to downtown Auckland. When I get online I'll let you guys know. Can't wait to get there, but first we got a 13 hour flight..

Everything so far's gone smooth, everything's checked in and it's time to relax..

Our helper is shipping orders out on Wednesday/Thursday so everything ordered and not shipped since we left for Area 2 will go out in the next couple of days.

;-)

Henning

Just checked in to the hotel in Rotorua, New Zealand. All set up with internet connection so life's grand. I've got my NZ cell phone working so call me on this number instead of my regular cell up until Nov 28th !

From US: 011 64 21 2597985

From Europe: +64 21 2597985

We start shooting tomorrow (Friday NZ). 18 - 20 stages, about 350 rounds. Should be lots of fun. Will take pictures and videos.

We arrived in Auckland, New Zealand yesterday morning. My friend, Peter Vujcich, a Tanfoglio shooter here in Auckland picked us up and showed us around town. We jumped on a boat cruise outside the city and later drove up to one of the inactive volcanos. Had a great dinner with his family and this morning we drove up to Rotorua where we met with lots of other shooters, registered for the match and now getting ready for bed. Tomorrow the NZ National Pistol match starts. They put up 18 stages, about 350 rounds. 9 stages are speed shoots; 9 or 10 rounds. 8 are 22 - 32 round stages and one 12 round stages. From the brief look of everything today it looks like we're going to have a good time.

The H-550 pads fit right in the box, which means I can use my 19 reloadable mags here. This was with the new H-FOP sight. Their box measured 150.9mm in one end and 150.1mm in the other. Tight, but gun and mag fit so good to go. This means that by now I've been able to shoot the H-550 pads legally in three major IPSC matches over the last year and a half. 2007 Europeans, 2008 Czech Extreme Euro Open and the 2008 NZ Pistol Nationals. The rule box says 150mm -0mm / +1mm. So good to go.

Will report pictures from the shoot next couple of days.

post-3780-1226566141_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1226566175_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1226566234_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1226566255_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1226566331_thumb.jpg

post-3780-1226566350_thumb.jpg

Match is over and we're checking out of our hotel this morning. Heading up to the northern coast to spend some time on the water.

Match was really good, excellent 18 stages and great company on our squad. We shot with Steve and Matt who organized the match. They are good shooters and awesome people. Anyone who want to go to New Zealand on vacation and shoot a match should contact them and do the same thing. Their website is www.pistolnz.org. Look under practical/ipsc/action stuff.

Shot a great first day where I took a big lead, followed by an all-out speed fest on the second day with bunch of misses. Shot way too fast so could afford missing here and there. Third day, had a few good moments and mediocre shooting. Ended up winning by about 5%. My buddy Eddie took top international in Open. He shot some great stages for the amount of shooting he's done.

Off to the beach..

We're shipping out products once or twice a week so you can get what you need. Email or place your order online and Emma's sister Dora will ship. Will be available on the NZ cell number: + 64 21 2597985 if you want to chat with me. Waiting on our rental car to show up, then we're driving over to a place where you can roll down the hill inside a big ball.

Check this out: http://www.zorb.com/

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well so that's it for New Zealand for now. We're sitting at the Auckland airport getting ready to board in an hour. It's been a fantastic trip and to everyone who ever think about seeing this country, just do it !

We've got lots of pictures and videos from the match. We used Eddie's DV camera so we'll have to get everything onto my computer and split it into smaller files for downloads. We'll be in Los Angeles Friday morning, picking up our car and drive up to San Francisco for the weekend. Emma and Eddie haven't been to SF or Redwoods before so figure it's a nice detour and great places to see while we're this far over. For all Facebook shooters I'm sure you can appreciate this. We're making a stop at Facebook which is just outside SF. A customer of mine works there so figure it'll be a cool stop. For all of you who are not on Facebook, join in and you can look me up under "Henning Wallgren" and you can be my friend ;-))

Back in Colorado on Tuesday or so. Available on my cell +1 720 352 1080 around noon Friday.

;-)))))

Henning

hmm seems the reply I typed on my Archos never made it through.

hope your time amongst the Redwoods was better than mine. we travelled through during a massive storm and had them falling all around us. we were just missed twice but great big bastards that would've crushed the car.

looking forward to all the pics and chatting with you when you get home.

NZ was great. Redwoods was great. SF was great... we have lots of pictures and most of the videos are on Eddie's camera so I'll have to get the shooting vids from him from NZ. I drove him to the airport in Denver this morning.

So.. officially back in town and functional. Well, as functional as I get... ;-)