Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switching to Open

Paul Burtchell

Just traded my Limited Blaster for a Benny Hill SVI framed STI slide & grip 38Super "Shorty". This is my first open gun. 48 year old eyeballs and bifocals were giving me fits with the iron sights.

My goodnes what a difference. I just got back from the range after running 100 rounds through the gun. Practiced some transitions on cardboard and ran the plate rack a few times. It felt like I could not miss. My only problem is locating the dot quickly on the draw, but I know tons of dryfire will take care of that issue.

All I can say is, "Why did I wait so long"? This is going to be fun. Hello Dark Side :cheers:

I'll post pictures on the gallery so I won't get flamed about the thread being worthless without pictures.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Edited by baerburtchell

Ohoh... Lost another one. :P I hear they've got cookies over there though.

Yep. "Shooter ready" (turn off electronic muffs) "Stand by" (remember to keep mouth closed) BEEP. (crap! press ear muffs tighter with hands). :wacko: "practical" shooting? :ph34r:

Yep. "Shooter ready" (turn off electronic muffs) "Stand by" (remember to keep mouth closed) BEEP. (crap! press ear muffs tighter with hands). :wacko: "practical" shooting? :ph34r:

:roflol::roflol:

Don't forget the preemtive Exedrin. :goof:

Edited by baerburtchell

Sweeeeet!!!

Of COURSE you are shooting that baby tomorrow right?

Somebody's gotta give Jake a run for his money with one of them there fancy guns! ;)

Been shooting open since January and yes it's really nice to see the sight at 53. Justy for giggles though, I'm gonna shoot my first production match in about a week. This should really garner some laughs and damn that mag hole is small!!

Sweeeeet!!!

Somebody's gotta give Jake a run for his money with one of them there fancy guns! ;)

I don't think I'll be giving Jakob a serious challenge any time soon. That kid has taken to Open like nobody's business. Master is not far off for him.

Been shooting open since January and yes it's really nice to see the sight at 53. Justy for giggles though, I'm gonna shoot my first production match in about a week. This should really garner some laughs and damn that mag hole is small!!

Boz????

Production??? With a PLASTIC GUN????

Sweeeeet!!!

I don't think I'll be giving Jakob a serious challenge any time soon. That kid has taken to Open like nobody's business. Master is not far off for him.

I hope you have that dot thingy dialed in. The pesky poppers are out along with long cross bay shots on cardboard. :D

Boz????

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Boz????

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:angry: