Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

357 sig open glock

hal1955

I haven't heard of one. There are a couple of reasons why it might not be the best choice. Most important is that you're going to be way behind most other other shooters in mag capacity. There are lots of 30 and 31 round 9mm/38S big sticks out there. I doubt anyone would get more than maybe 26 out of a .40/.357Sig big stick and there are a LOT of stages with 26-28 rounds. Second is that it's a pain to reload and the cases are expensive since most folks don't aren't going to be able to get once-fired police brass. Here in NM the state police carry .357Sig so I see a lot of their brass, but that's not going to be too common. R,

The numbers really do not add up for a Sig Open gun. The added cost of brass and loss of capacity make it a lose-lose. You are better off shooting Open 40 (cheaper brass) or Open 9 (MUCH cheaper brass and bullets).

The numbers really do not add up for a Sig Open gun. The added cost of brass and loss of capacity make it a lose-lose. You are better off shooting Open 40 (cheaper brass) or Open 9 (MUCH cheaper brass and bullets).

I disagree that you would be better off shooting Open 40, since there are better and lighter projectiles available for a .357 Sig and you can use regular .40 brass if you are not able to find dirt cheap .357 Sig. Since it is not that popular of a caliber, I often see the already formed brass for dirt cheap. Many people are not aware that a .357 Sig sizer die will convert .40 brass into .357 Sig automatically while resizing it. No extra steps or problems.

Hard to argue with the rest of the comments though ... less mag capacity and fewer projectile choices than a 9mm ... not much reason to go .357 Sig, unless you already have everything and going to 9mm would mean buying a lot of new stuff like mags, dies, etc. that you already have.

Leo

(One of the few remaining 9x25 shooters)

I run an Open G24 with a 357sig barrel. It's pretty cool to me and a lot of fun to shoot. Mag capacity is the least of my worries ... I have other shooting technique issues that are more of a problem. I run .40 case through the press and out pops a sig. I get to use 9mm bullets, which are much cheaper than .40s.

openglocksjc-1.jpg

I run an Open G24 with a 357sig barrel. It's pretty cool to me and a lot of fun to shoot. Mag capacity is the least of my worries ... I have other shooting technique issues that are more of a problem. I run .40 case through the press and out pops a sig. I get to use 9mm bullets, which are much cheaper than .40s.

openglocksjc-1.jpg

G'day. Sweet looking 24.

This is my G35 357Sig STD gun.

251008176.jpg

251008174.jpg

Hooroo.

Regards, Trevor.

OZ

• 11 months later...

**merged threads**

Has anyone here tried an open glock in 357 sig? If so, does it shoot flatter than the 9mm? Mag capacity is not an issue for me.

Edited by Flexmoney

I think running the 357 sig in open while sounds cool, from a competition standpoint will in the end not pan out, look at the 9x25 of yrs gone by(nooo im not gonna bash the round itself because i like it) but from a competition standpoint, you lost rounds in a mag vs 38 super, and the recoil was massive to say the least, heard a rumor that TGO opted off of the round, because of mag capacity annnnd he was developing tennis elbow because of the recoil of the round...38 super had the capacity in the mag and was easier to shoot

From what I heard the 9x25 when used with super light bullets had a negative recoil. I see some advantages from a fun standpoint.

Advantages:

Ability to use cheap 40 brass, and 9mm bullets

EASY TO MAKE MAJOR.

Disadvantages:

Capacity? Aren't there some guys with 28 round 40 cal 170's?