Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 USPSA Tennessee Hillbilly Classic CANCELLED

OK, I see how it is Tim....Hmmmm, Nov.,Dec., Jan.,Feb., March.....plenty of time to practice.

I might relax and shoot something else for a couple of months just to give the POG shooters a chance.... :roflol:

I will tell you one thing, this match is still the talk at the local matches. Expect more blue to invade the orange!

Yeah, right.....blah,blah,blah. same old crap.

Just like that SS you cling to as state of the art. :surprise:

Yeah, after 30 revisions from the original.

bring an honest original as designed SS. no fancy sights, safety, magwell, beavertailed, precision machined SS weapon and I will shoot a first generation POG and see who

gets left in the dust!!!!

Thanks for the support Andy, I was actually just trying to keep up with you!

I think the SMACK has officially started! :cheers:

Bill W.

Bill,

I need a little clarification on what constitutes an "honest original as designed SS".

If I bring an off-the-shelf Colt 1911 Series 80 will that satisfy you?

Hmmm. Would you allow me an ambi safety? (I am left handed) or must I shoot the match weak hand with the original design?

If the Colt doesn't work for you, do I need to raid a war museum to be on equal footing with your first generation POG? :devil:

Let the games begin. :goof:

Tony

Edited by 38superman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I see how it is Tim....Hmmmm, Nov.,Dec., Jan.,Feb., March.....plenty of time to practice.

I might relax and shoot something else for a couple of months just to give the POG shooters a chance.... :roflol:

I will tell you one thing, this match is still the talk at the local matches. Expect more blue to invade the orange!

bring an honest original as designed SS. no fancy sights, safety, magwell, beavertailed, precision machined SS weapon and I will shoot a first generation POG and see who

Bill W.

BIll, Bill, Bill,......I realize how frustrating it must be to shoot a POG, but that is no reason to lash out in desperation. I mean come on.........this is the equivalent of someone who runs their gun dry and just throws the gun at you.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to help end your pain and invite you to shoot a 1911. It takes courage to see the truth, and this apparent desperation is telling me you have started to recognize the horror that is the POG. I have you back buddy. I will help you any way I can to end this painful addiction.

Here is the number to the GSA (glock shooters anonymous) they can help and they have chapters throughout the US. I'm sure one is not too far for you. Here is their numbers (800) GUN-JUNK or (800) END-PAIN.

Good luck Bill and call me soon,

Your understanding friend,

Tim :sight::lol:

Bill W.

BIll, Bill, Bill,......I realize how frustrating it must be to shoot a POG, but that is no reason to lash out in desperation. I mean come on.........this is the equivalent of someone who runs their gun dry and just throws the gun at you.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to help end your pain and invite you to shoot a 1911. It takes courage to see the truth, and this apparent desperation is telling me you have started to recognize the horror that is the POG. I have you back buddy. I will help you any way I can to end this painful addiction.

Here is the number to the GSA (glock shooters anonymous) they can help and they have chapters throughout the US. I'm sure one is not too far for you. Here is their numbers (800) GUN-JUNK or (800) END-PAIN.

Good luck Bill and call me soon,

Your understanding friend,

Tim :sight::lol:

:roflol:

Tim,

Damn you are as funny as you are a good shooter. I bet you would be competitive with spitballs and a straw.

Again I will have to clarify my statements for the old fashioned so as not to upset your SS egos!

I was simply refering to the numerous modifications required to make the Original 1911 design work... :mellow:

John Browning was far ahead of his time with the Original design. (actually in 32 caliber, and 7 rounds mags til when?)

I started with a series 80 Govt. model. and once I changed the barrel had it throated and polished, ambi-safety, Beavertail, Trigger, and sights replaced. I had a functional weapon that I would put my life.

And even in your last thread your pics had an aluminum trigger, beavertail, hollow hammer etc. so please don't tell me it is a 1911.

Since JB died in 1926 I don't think he was part of those innovations, more or less Kimber or STI guns that meet SS classification.

So My point is that the first generation POG easily competes with the first gen 1911.

the Knockoffs that you all shoot and claim some kind of lineage too the original is just a farce.

Go buy an impala strip the interior add a roll cage and you are ready for Nascar!

Just aint the same thing. same name maybe but not even close.

So just to make the game interesting....

It will be the production class led by the POG's and PAG's

against the SS class led by the "CLONES" :surprise:

This is gonna be fun!

And yes Tony use an ambi-safety.

Tim your number to dial would be 1-911-BITE-ME

Bring on the smack!

:roflol:

Tim,

Damn you are as funny as you are a good shooter. I bet you would be competitive with spitballs and a straw.

Again I will have to clarify my statements for the old fashioned so as not to upset your SS egos!

I was simply refering to the numerous modifications required to make the Original 1911 design work... :mellow:

John Browning was far ahead of his time with the Original design. (actually in 32 caliber, and 7 rounds mags til when?)

I started with a series 80 Govt. model. and once I changed the barrel had it throated and polished, ambi-safety, Beavertail, Trigger, and sights replaced. I had a functional weapon that I would put my life.

And even in your last thread your pics had an aluminum trigger, beavertail, hollow hammer etc. so please don't tell me it is a 1911.

Since JB died in 1926 I don't think he was part of those innovations, more or less Kimber or STI guns that meet SS classification.

So My point is that the first generation POG easily competes with the first gen 1911.

the Knockoffs that you all shoot and claim some kind of lineage too the original is just a farce.

Go buy an impala strip the interior add a roll cage and you are ready for Nascar!

Just aint the same thing. same name maybe but not even close.

So just to make the game interesting....

It will be the production class led by the POG's and PAG's

against the SS class led by the "CLONES" :surprise:

This is gonna be fun!

And yes Tony use an ambi-safety.

Tim your number to dial would be 1-911-BITE-ME

Bring on the smack!

So I guess we need to find a 1911 museum piece, shoot 7 round mags and still win....will that make you quit with the excuses? I mean damn you are shooting the most reliable handgun on the planet....what more do you want :rolleyes:

Steel,

Relax I did not mean to hurt your feelings!

Well, ok maybe I did. :rolleyes:

The POG will be ready and yes Reliable.

Can't say the same for the operator but heck that is where the fun comes in.

How long till the match? :cheers:

Bill W.

Steel,

Bill W.

Na we are all good....I was really looking for you at the top of the boards then saw you stage 10 and was pissed. I don't want to beat a guy that has a stage F up, I want to beat the guy when my best beats their best.

Steel,

Bill W.

Na we are all good....I was really looking for you at the top of the boards then saw you stage 10 and was pissed. I don't want to beat a guy that has a stage F up, I want to beat the guy when my best beats their best.

GAME ON! :cheers:

Steel,

Bill W.

That wasn't Bill's best??? Ouch, oooh, aaaah.....that one hurt.

We still friends Bill?

Steel,

Bill W.

That wasn't Bill's best??? Ouch, oooh, aaaah.....that one hurt.

We still friends Bill?

Brad you have friends? when did this happen? :roflol:

I would not care about your opinion if I did not respect it.

You all are a group of pretty darn good shooters and if I can even compete with you all I am doing pretty well.

So talken smack with you guys just feeds that competitive nature that clearly drives us all...

Not to mention that I lost the first go round and you all rode me like a toilet seat! :goof:

So I need to jump on what ever I can to keep up the smack and build the competition.. that is the fun!

So bring on the motivation!

Where is Robert at? I may have to start talken bad about the Seabees just to draw him into the conversation.

And don't get me started with HOP! talk about motivation.

can we shoot the match early? I am stoked!

Bill W.

Bill W.

I say you TN guys come up to Owensboro and we have a little TN/KY shoot out. :cheers:

When?!!

this is to much fun! :cheers:

11-15

I know I'm coming down as I think somebody has something for me......I might be able to talk a few other of the Hillbilly vets to come down as well!

Bill W.

I say you TN guys come up to Owensboro and we have a little TN/KY shoot out. :cheers:

When?!!

this is to much fun! :cheers:

11-15

I know I'm coming down as I think somebody has something for me......I might be able to talk a few other of the Hillbilly vets to come down as well!

figures,

we have a IDPA/IPSC introductory match at MSSA that day and I promised to help out.

But I am still looking for a few new antagonists! :sight:

next date?

Bill W.