Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timers.

Anubis

Unfortunately, no good options are out there anymore. (EDITED TO ADD: I'm wrong, see the posts below)

You can get one that is great for airsoft (audio) http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object916 , but you can't use it for real guns.

You can get one good for real guns, but you'll have to use a stop-plate input, and an external switch. The nice CED-7000 does not have a stop-plate input.

In airsoft competitions, stop-plates are always used.

If you can find an old CED4000 (you can't have mine!), you can have the best of all features: stop-plate input and adjustable audio sensitivity (works with airsoft, or major ammo).

Edited by Anon

I used my CED 7000 with airsoft tonight. To make it work, I had to strap it to my weak wrist (I wedged it under my watch band...I ain't shelling out $20 for a wrist band just for that!). I cranked the sensitivity to max. It still failed to pick up some shots (though not often). I was using it outdoors on a somewhat windy evening.

DD

Set your course up so last shot is over the top of the timer set on sensitive setting such as cowboy. It works for most of my airsoft drills just fine. I have heard of wrist units but my guns would have a hard time getting an accurate read on the last shot. I just move the timer to just underneath and in front of my last shot.

I use different platforms for the timer depending on where I am in the home enviornment etc. Such as a stick that is set to push in the ground and mount my timer on. It's not rocket science but can take some practice to get you in the correct position if it's a big stage... Timer goes slightly below and in front of last shot.

Sometimes at least outside I have a shooting box to finish just to force movement into it. I need a lot of practice not supermaning and being smooth.

We can set up some crazy stages but mostly do steel stages.

Set on Random beep.. just finish on same target .

Even Ipsc stages Outside work and with a little practice you can have a lot fun. Setting up falling poppers etc etc. One can use a lot of imaginaton ...

Edited by shoot