Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KEL TEC PF-9

Reep

Mine was 100% with everything I put through it, and it has decent sights as well. Be advised, though, that this is not a gun for a relaxing afternoon at the range. After the first 100 rounds, my hand was shaking too much to continue shooting...and I have no problem with full power .357 Mags. I traded it on another gun.

I've shot a lot of 124 grain hollow points through my KELTEC P-11. Nary a problem.

I've got a steel USPSA silloutte at 40 yards, every body who has tried my KELTEC can bang the crap out of that thing with it. Which is pretty cool for a belly gun with a bad trigger. I did lighten up the trigger to merely "quite bad" from "totally unbearable" though.

Five or six years ago, there used to be

a KelTec discussion group - like this

group.

Not sure if it still exists, but they are a

bunch of very knowledgeable people

re: KelTecs.

Jack

It still exists. I had to do the 'fluff and buff' on my gen 1 Kel-Tec P32 to make it work.

http://www.ktog.org/

The reviews that I have read (and mind you, several of them used words like "double tap" :blink: ) were pretty good. Reliability was strong except with Federal Hydroshocks(sp?). Typical issues apply to this model as with the P3AT such as the fast wearing out of the mag release and followers. It is a bitch to shoot from what I have seen, but I doubt anyone here is buying this pistol for competition. I'd like to try one out and see if it is a cheaper and better alternative to the PM9.