Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dealing with DEATH

Round_Gun_Shooter

I truly HATE dealing with the deaths of friends and family. I am self employed and as such deal with many elderly people on a repetitive and continuing basis. In the last three months I have lost three long time customers that because of the number of years I have dealt with them, have become friends also. I know them, their children, and their grandchildren.

Last week, we buried by wife's Dad. It was very difficult to deliver the news to her that her father had died.

Tomorrow, I will be going to the funeral of the mother of a close friend. He is also my daughter's God Father.

At my time in life, I realize parents, friends, and the parents of friends are all getting older and will eventually die but I don't have to like it.

To those whose parents are still with you, call them. I spoke to my Mom today who at 84 appreciated the call.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to those that replied to this and I truly hate bringing this to the top but for those in Area 7, I was informed by e mail that one of the finest men I shoot with died today at a young age.

Those that know Chris Tikonoff and those that have shot with him will truly miss him. He was too young to leave us. Chris was a fine young man I always enjoyed seeing and talking to.

Deepest sympathies to his wife and family.

Sorry for your loss. I just got back yesterday from my mother-in-laws funneral. The hardest part for me was having to tell my kids that their grandmother had died. My 11 yr old daughter took it pretty hard. God its been a long last 3 weeks.