Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which brand bushing barrel for a 6"?

Resjudicata

I've never found it worth the extra cost for the AET barrel... I would have no qualms about using a regular barrel from Schuemann.

Thanks for your input on this. I was going to ask this question next. I really don't want to go to a Para cut (not that there is anything wrong with it) as I've had good luck so far with a standard Wilson setup.

Now to look for a standard Schuemann barrel. :)

BTW, thanks to everyone for their input.

Chris

I've never found it worth the extra cost for the AET barrel... I would have no qualms about using a regular barrel from Schuemann.

Thanks for your input on this. I was going to ask this question next. I really don't want to go to a Para cut (not that there is anything wrong with it) as I've had good luck so far with a standard Wilson setup.

Chris

You can absolutely get a Schuemann Classic (bushing) AET with a Wilson/Nowlin cut. If you can't find one, PM me and I'll send you Mike Calloway's phone number to call and see if he's got one in stock (likely). If not, he can probably run one off for you in a day or so. He's a really great guy and I said that before he gave me free barrels!

Edit to add info from Schuemann's website:

Part No. GC40WNM4 Government Classic AET Barrel

finish chambered for 40 S&W,

match grade, Wilson/Nowlin ramped,

24 inch twist, $240.00

Edited by G-ManBart

I actually heard back from them today by email and they said they do not regularly produce a Wilson ramped AET.

I'm still looking at the standard Schuemann barrel or possibly a KKM. However, the chamber reaming is a question for me on the KKM.

Chris

Chris

You can absolutely get a Schuemann Classic (bushing) AET with a Wilson/Nowlin cut. If you can't find one, PM me and I'll send you Mike Calloway's phone number to call and see if he's got one in stock (likely). If not, he can probably run one off for you in a day or so. He's a really great guy and I said that before he gave me free barrels!

24 inch twist, $240.00

I actually heard back from them today by email and they said they do not regularly produce a Wilson ramped AET.

I'm still looking at the standard Schuemann barrel or possibly a KKM. However, the chamber reaming is a question for me on the KKM.

Chris

Chris

24 inch twist, $240.00

That doesn't mean it's not available. Their daily production is surprisingly low (I won't post the number, but you wouldn't believe it).....it's not a huge factory that does big runs, so if you want an AET with W/N cut, they'll make one for you if they don't have one in stock and it shouldn't take long at all. I know this because when Mike sent me a barrel for my Trojan he asked if I wanted C/P or W/N cut. The frame is W/N cut, but it's going to be redone for C/P, so I got the C/P cut barrel. R,

I had to take about .007" out of the last AET chamber, and as I recall out of the last three one was good to go and the other needed a couple thousandths taken out too. They are very close, but I would definitely measure it up to make sure. I hit every one of them with a reamer to make sure the chamber was well formed and where I wanted it.

:surprise:

I use storm lake machine barrels, order several at a time and cost way less than most anything out their,

as good if not better quality than most.

Ive put two in six inch guns (40) and the folks love them.

Have one in my limited Caspian that is older than dirt and still groups consistant 2 inch groups or less

at forty plus yards.

Use them in most all the the 9mm major things I build.

Quality stuff and the folks are( Aone+) to deal with.

Jim/Pa :rolleyes:

Sailors :devil::goof: