Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for scale IDPA targets

MichiganShootist

All the clubs up here are closing for the season and I am trying to get ready for my.. "inside with an AirSoft" shooting season. (the young guys can take off a few months.. but I can't if I want to be competitive in the spring)

I have several USPSA targets that members of the Enos "community" were good enough to send me or to post... but I am looking for a good quality IDPA target that I can re-scale and re-print on 8" X 11.5" paper for use as an AirSoft target this winter.

So what can you share??????????

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Edited by MichiganShootist

All the clubs up here are closing for the season and I am trying to get ready for my.. "inside with an AirSoft" shooting season. (the young guys can take off a few months.. but I can't if I want to be competitive in the spring)

I have several USPSA targets that members of the Enos "community" were good enough to send me or to post... but I am looking for a good quality IDPA target that I can re-scale and re-print on 8" X 11.5" paper for use as an AirSoft target this winter.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark,

I have 1/3rd scale IDPA targets on my website http://www.parmarng.org/freeidaho . On the second screen, left hand side, choose the link Printable_Targets.

Hope this helps ! ! !

kr

Thanks Ken

They look good... but are they all white of did mine just not "load" right???

Yes, they are the color of your paper, which is white in most cases. I couldn't afford to feed the printer enough ink/toner to make them tan color, so I didn't.

But, you can color the file yourself with a program like Windows Paint. Or you could buy tan paper and feed that to your printer. Then when you cut them out, they would be more IDPA like.

kr

Printable target here:

http://www.glockfaq.com/targets.htm

As for keeping the targets tan-colored, I'm not sure that it's worth the extra work.

MichiganShootist, while not IDPA, here's a site with growing airsoft participation:

http://www.aaps-federation.org/

They have a monthly "Postal Match", that's fun to set up, and fits in a garage-sized area. The COF they set up is not perfect for IDPA or USPSA, but it des let you run through skills, against the timer, and against other shooters (who set up the same course, and submit their times).

Hope to see you over there!

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Download this program. Target Express.

http://www.mcw-tech.com/TargetExpress/Default.asp

I bought it and updates are free. The best $15 you will spend.

If you decide not to purchase it you do get to use it (fully fuctional) for free for 2 weeks.

All of the tagets can be scaled.

I down loaded the file from FreeIdaho's www site---- (thank you very much).... and I found some heavy card stock at a craft store in 8.5" X 11" that was IDPA cardboard colored... So I printed the FreeIdaho art work (in draft mode) on the card stock and ended up (after a little sissor work) with perfect 1/3 scale IDPA targets for my dry fire and AirSoft practice this winter.

At 17 cents a piece.... I can paste them and put up new targets all winter in my barn for $20 or $30 bucks.

Sweet ! ! !