Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Small Frame Witness

cferree

I just picked up a small frame open gun and I am looking for mags/mag parts for the old EEA open gun.

Anyone have a source for small frame Witness/P9 big sticks? How about extended capacity base pads for the stock length mags?

Thanks,

Charles

CZ 75 mags will also work. SPO1 mags hold 19 and with extended basepads 22-23. Basepads from CPMI or Pearce Grips made for Beretta. Also CZ makes a 26 rd factory mag that can be trimmed on the back corner to fit the 170mm length. Other parts may fit with a little fitting. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

This is from an old post by Venry. I think he also had an illustration of how two mags were cut/combined to make one 170 mm big stick.

At almost every single "gun show" you can find "aftermarket" and/or factory magazines meant for the CZ-75 (in 9mm) that will hold normally around 35 rounds. These are too long as provided, but can be easily cut down in size to the required 170 mm max length. I have five of them in use, and performing great. The followers as provided with these extra length mags are made with a very long foot/root, which should be discarded. The followers that come with the 17 round mags work great with the long mags, and you can even cut down the long springs to suit. After this "surgery" my mags hold 30 9mm rounds (reloadable) and work very well. Unfortunately, these long mags are not made for the large framed guns required for the .38 Supe/comp.

-Venry

EAA has some small frame 25 round mags that are legal with no shaving necessary and of good quality. About $110 each plus shipping. I've found the current CZ 26 rounders to be unreliable and of very poor quality in their build (how they welded two mags together)

Good luck