Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swtiching from Serendipity to single sided mount question

03k64

I recently bought a used open gun that has a Serendipity. Down the road I would like to switch to a single sided mount and a slide ride. Is it as simple as having the frame drilled and tapped, attaching the mount and new optic and zeroing? Do I need to be concerned with ejection?

Yup, there are a few single side mounts pre-drilled for the C-More pattern but you might have to drill a couple extra holes (depends on how many are in the mount).

There will be exposed holes on the other side unless you weld them up.

As for ejection clearance, you just gotta try and see but it's easy to modify the ejection angle of the empty case.

I just did this on my open gun last week.

I got an Allchin Mount that did not have any holes drilled. I then drilled them to match the Serendipty 3 hole pattern on the gun.

The other side is open and has holes but that does not bother me so I'm OK with it. Perhaps some day I'll weld them up :)

I think the Shooter's Connection mount is also offered without the holes drilled, so you could match it up with the current holes.

You could also get a Barry mount (undrilled) and not have to worry about ejection issues at all....they're pretty cool and I've got one on the way to experiment with. R,