Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rudy Project glasses

JimInFL

Well I've shot 3 matches with my new prescription Rudys. I can honestly say, that if I could scrape together another $400.00 I'd order another pair right this minute. I love them. They are progressive lens Rydons in Action Brown. And thanks to Jim Shanahan, who, although we were a bit too geographically separated to do business, was a great help in steering me - super nice guy !

[brief history for those interested]

I'm 54 and started needing glasses for reading at around 40 (pretty common really). At 54 I really need them. And my long distance vision is starting slip slightly as well, although I don't usually wear correction other than reading/working, which, thinking about it, is a large part of my life actually.

They make these glasses without the circle in the middle - looks just like a normal pair of Oakleys or something. I work well with progressives, some folks can't. I love the Action Brown. Jim suggested I try that instead of the Racing Red here in FL. I sampled both and went brown.

JimInFL

Edited by JimInFL

I've been wearing the Rudy's forever. Just sent back an oooold pair I'd broken mis-changing the lenses and even though they're long out of warranty, they sent me a new pair. I did send them a note about how cool their glasses were, which helped ;)

I love the optical quality of Rudy's but they didn't fit my head. Granted, my head has been mistaken for one of Jupiter's moons on more than one occasion but the frames are definitely on the smallish/medium size.

I love the optical quality of Rudy's but they didn't fit my head. Granted, my head has been mistaken for one of Jupiter's moons on more than one occasion but the frames are definitely on the smallish/medium size.

Wierd... I have a pretty huge head and at least a couple models work well for me; the Kerosenes (now discontinued, I think) and Syluros, although those are better with plugs than muffs-- like any glasses with a thick temple, they squeeze my head by the end of the day wearing muffs.