Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22 conversion kits and holsters

p7fl

I’ve got two questions about 22 conversions kits for my 1911 Colt Combat Target.

A. Will the gun fit a into a standard holster, or will the different upper require some new Kydex?

B. Also, which conversion kits do you guys like? Open to anything but JA Ciener. Yeah I’ve spoken to him. LOL

I’ve got two questions about 22 conversions kits for my 1911 Colt Combat Target.

A. Will the gun fit a into a standard holster, or will the different upper require some new Kydex?

B. Also, which conversion kits do you guys like? Open to anything but JA Ciener. Yeah I’ve spoken to him. LOL

when I left my old career a bunch of the folks who worked for me gave me a Cabelas gift card so i bought the Kimber single stack .22 conversion as sold in their catalog

The 22 slide is identical in shape to a regular 1911 slide, so I use the same holster for my .22, 45, and 40 SS 1911s.

I have been very satisfied with the reliability of the kimber. I use it every Sunday and I run about 500rds through iteach session

It does not fit on my STI 40 Trojan, it does swap out easily with my Kimber 45 SS.

The mags are plastic, so i baby them, I do not do any practice reloads when I run the conversion. I practice reloads with full house ammo or when I dry fire at home.

I can run walmart remingtion 550rd bricks with 99% reliability, CCI mini mags run even better

I have also been reduced to shooting my airsoft gun in the basement during the week (new job, long commute) but I think the practice with the AS pistol help alot too.

i've seen a bunch of 22 conversions over the years but after reading a NRA article years ago i bought the Marvel and as far as i'm concerned it is the King of the hill....plus now that the assault ban is over (For a While) you can get 15 round mags for it....the test target i got with mine was under 1/2 inch at 50 yards....i've got the rail top version that i run an aimpoint on....

going back to the NRA story....the author shot every conversion you ever heard of (and some you haven't) with just about every 22 ammo you ever heard of and i seem to remember that the marvel outshot them all.....D I C K