Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of scope do you use?

Chris Conley

I had Leupold switch out the duplex reticle for the Turkey Plex reticle in a one inch VX-III 1.5-5x20. I like it alot. Just put the head box inside of the circle for a real quick head box shot and anything inside of the circle earns a bullet when in hoser mode. Yet the crosshair gives precision for the longer range stuff. When shooting plates, the circle inside of a circle image is very quick to aquire.

I've been thinking about trying the 30mm Illuminated Duplex reticle. The 30mm glass is certainly brighter!

What's not to like about Leupold? Excellent American made product. Supports our sport. Unbelievable customer service. Quality at a price that the average shooter can afford.

Whats not to like? If you get the illuminated version you will see.

Yeah, it's good glass and props for being American made, but the illumination is not daytime visible.

Why would you expect it to be????

Because I have others that are. Typically we don't shoot too many 3-gun or multi-gun matches in twilight, so the Leupold illumination is, to me, not really worth the extra $$$.

My first AR optic for the specific purpose of 3-gun was a Leupold VX-III 1.5x5x30 illum circle dot reticle. Once I had it on the gun and turned it on I was a little dissapointed to say the least. I now have two Meoptas, both EXTREMELY bright, visible, and clear on the brightest days. Still have the Leupold and have no plans of parting with it, but daytime visible illumination is what I want.

I do like the fact that the Leupold is both shorter and weighs less than the Meopta.

Now I do hear that the new Leupold 1x has better/brighter illum, and I do plan on checking it out.

I currently run the Meopta on my 0-300yd rifle and the TA31F (w/Progressive flip cover) on my 100-?yd rifle. I am one of those people that has to have illumination, and feels the more the better. I have heard some complaints of the ACOG fiberoptic bieng too bright in full sun, we get plenty of that here in Florida and I have never found that to be the case. I would like to try the S&B short dot II someday, :surprise: but ouch is that expensive.

I use the Zeiss varipoint 1,1-4x on the upper i use most (in combination with JPpoint and Burkett offset mount)

On my other upper I use a TA11 in combination with a c-more on the handguard

On my 9mm AR I use the Meopta K-Dot.

They are all very good scopes but i keep coming back to the Zeiss every time :rolleyes:

Since i am hooked on good and expensive optics and my wife says it costs too much I am setting up an upper with irons now :roflol::roflol:

But I must say that the Swarovski Z6i ill. from a friend of mine keeps smiling at me every time i see it on the range :surprise::roflol: