Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belief

Tangram

Finding a Piece of the Truth

One day Mara, the Evil One, was travelling through the villages of India with his attendants. he saw a man doing walking meditation whose face was lit up on wonder. The man had just discovered something on the ground in front of him. Mara’s attendant asked what that was and Mara replied, "A piece of truth."

"Doesn’t this bother you when someone finds a piece of truth, O Evil One?" his attendant asked. "No," Mara replied. "Right after this, they usually make a belief out of it."

From here: http://www.awakeblogger.com/2008/09/the-10...st-zen-stories/

One of the great parts of the film Dogma ...

Rufus: . . ."Mankind got it all wrong by takin' a good idea and building a belief structure out of it."

Bethany: So you're saying that having beliefs is a bad thing?

Rufus: I just think it's better to have an idea. You can change an idea; changing a belief is trickier. People die for it, people kill for it.

• 1 month later...

Everyone of us on the own way of "shooter", but seldom we are thinking what do we want to achieve indeed by walking this way? And that's what sometimes preserving us from the real achievements. Only goal setting can keep us moving on and protect of getting to much involved into the Zen site of the game. That's what I believe in according to my own experience...