Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N. Mountain moon clip holder: 4 or 5 post?

needknees

After feeling bad about borrowing Carmoney's backup (or was it a backup of a backup :P ) North Mountain moon clip holder for damn near a month I'm finally ready to order one. I'm now debating between the four and five post models - the one I'm borrowing is a four post and honestly I can't *really* see the need for a fiver but I'm sure it could be possible, like with a bunch of two target + one steel arrays or something that makes it advantageous to reload after 5 shots. Help me get over indecisiveness! Any major reason to pick one over the other?

I'm also considering a single post carrier to stick somewhere else on my belt for an emergency reload, how many of you carry extra rounds in a non-standard belt position "just in case"?

And this goes without saying - the NM holder has been fantastic in the time I've played with one. It seems like a lot of money but for the thought that went into design and the outstanding quality it seems to be very much worth it.

Get a 4 post with a single post for load and make ready.

That's what I do. And what I recommend.

Bob supports the sport as a sponsor as well as being one hell of a shooter, and a really great guy to boot.

Plus if you hang out with Bob, you never have to wait for a table at Red Lobster.

Edited by Carmoney

I ordered a 4 post from Bob right before Nats, and it was great! I shoot a 610 and I can fit 3 moons per post so I could carry 12 full moons if I wanted to. That is more ammo than I could (should ever need) use in a stage. I do use a single moon holder for my first load and never needed more than that on a stage. Buy from Bob and shoot well. It is money very well spent. On top of that Bob is a great guy to deal with and a hell of a shooter.

Jon

I spoke with Bob today and with the advice of everyone here and the moon clip holder man himself I'm going to go with a four poster and one single post.

I also ordered some moon clips from Ranch Products... I was surprised when I asked for payment information and got "oh we'll just send an invoice with the clips. What's your address?" I can't believe they just send their product out without payment in this day and age :surprise:. Major trust in the revolver community - that's pretty cool :).

By the end of the week I'll be completely geared up! Thank you to everyone who recommended these great companies.

Edited by needknees

:surprise:

Well I feel that these folks who shoot revolvers are a pretty fine bunch of folks,Since I started messing with them(revolvers)again

and have ran accross Mike Carmony,Kenny Dickerson,Dave Manson North Mountain +a whole mess of em at theWinterset Iowa Champion(CIPS),Im starting to enjoy myself like I used too. :roflol:

Jim/Pa

Sailors :devil:

I was a bit shocked at Ranches invoicing also. I guess they figure anyone that owns an N frame in .45 is a classy guy!

I spoke with Bob today and with the advice of everyone here and the moon clip holder man himself I'm going to go with a four poster and one single post.

I also ordered some moon clips from Ranch Products... I was surprised when I asked for payment information and got "oh we'll just send an invoice with the clips. What's your address?" I can't believe they just send their product out without payment in this day and age :surprise:. Major trust in the revolver community - that's pretty cool :).

By the end of the week I'll be completely geared up! Thank you to everyone who recommended these great companies.

I was a bit shocked at Ranches invoicing also. I guess they figure anyone that owns an N frame in .45 is a classy guy!

Steve's wife will track you down if you don't pay as will all the satisfied customers that are used to doing business with them that way. :roflol:

They do business the same way I try to and it works.

Steve's wife will track you down if you don't pay as will all the satisfied customers that are used to doing business with them that way. :roflol:

They do business the same way I try to and it works.

You can count on me for the Satisfied customer collection agency (SCCA). Additionally I use their 1/3 moonclips for carry. Six fit nicely in a Cabela's .22lr pouch.

My moonclips showed up yesterday and the holders came in the mail today, just in time to test them out this weekend :D. What a turnaround time! A big thanks to the folks at Ranch Products and Bob at North Mountain!

PS

...Satisfied Customer Collection Agency - Don't worry, payment will go out first thing on Monday if I don't make it to the post office tomorrow ;)