Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kim Rhode Shotgun Stolen

Jim Rusert

Wow, that's the second time an olympian shooter has had their Perazzi stolen from their vehicle. Couple of years ago something just like this happened in TX. The Perazzi was recovered and last I had seen it was still in evidence at the ATF in CO Springs, CO. The dude tried to pawn it and got caught. It takes a long time to get stuff out of evidence too...

Gotta stop leaving guns in their vehicles. :(

Wow, that's the second time an olympian shooter has had their Perazzi stolen from their vehicle. Couple of years ago something just like this happened in TX. The Perazzi was recovered and last I had seen it was still in evidence at the ATF in CO Springs, CO. The dude tried to pawn it and got caught. It takes a long time to get stuff out of evidence too...

Gotta stop leaving guns in their vehicles. :(

Actually...got to start shooting scumbags with the guns they steal!

She did nothing wrong and we are too quick to place the blame on those that leave personal property in a locked vehicle. Just because it can be stolen does not mean it is her fault. I suggest she starts with the scrotum and then the knee caps and then.....

I don't think SA is placing any kind of blame. Just saying that in today's society leaving a firearm in a vehicle where it can be seen is just not a good idea. If everyone obeyed the laws we wouldn't need police. :(

I don't think SA is placing any kind of blame. Just saying that in today's society leaving a firearm in a vehicle where it can be seen is just not a good idea. If everyone obeyed the laws we wouldn't need police. :(

Yep... and besides the intangible value, it's one thing to leave an old Marlin levergun behind the seat of your truck, but a Perazzi?

Of course if I left a Perazzi in my trunk, it would more than triple the value of my car! :roflol:

Don't get me wrong, I feel physically sick for what she is going through. I hope they catch the person who stole it and recover the gun unmolested. I wouldn't wish it on anyone with anyone of their guns, but I have seen this too often. Vehicles in and of themselves are poor security. Guns walking away from vehicles just happens too much. It's not her fault at all, it's the criminal's fault, but her suffering began the moment the crime occured regardless of the outcome. For the gun to be a piece of history just makes the loss that much worse for everyone in the firearms community.

Let's give them a break! That is find the low lifes, hang Clay targets on their ears like ear rings, then set them loose. But not before returning the scattergun to her and provide her with some of her pet loads. Now that is "breaking clays".

She should be able to set the gun up outside the truck, leaning against it. The way I was brought up, if it ain't yours don't touch it! PERIOD. :angry2:

MJ :cheers: