Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Tube Problem

norbs007

I just got a bunch of SV tubes for my STI framed pistola. The SVI tubes (all of them) makes the trigger pull excessively heavier and makes a sound that something is hitting the mag on the initial pull. Works fine with my STI mags except for one that does the same thing. Is it the trigger bow rubbing on the tube? Do I have to do anything special with the tubes? Thanks

my first guess is that the tubes are causing the problem. check the widith of the tubes to see if they are bigger than the sti.

lynn

Thanks Lynn, if they are do I just put them on a vise and squeeze? In addition, I tried them on another STI frame and they work just fine.

I have to agree, check the bow. Sounds like it is slightly undersized and dragging on the mag bodies. I am also guessing the SVI tubes don't drop as freely as the STIs?

Joe W.

SVI tubes are dropping freely, the one STI tube that's doing the same thing seems to have a little bulge at the mag catch hole. After tapping it in the trigger pull got better.

Could it be your over travel screw in your trigger? Maybe the mags are hitting your mag release and pushing it forward. Just thinking out of the box.

EG

I'm checking on that as well, I may have to do a real cleaning and test it again.