Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When things aren't going perfect

Flyin40

I had a practice today and it started out great. I did some draws, reloads etc. I move on to a port drill where I was working on moving from one port to the next. Once I started this drill my hits weren't my usual hits. I had a couple D's and a couple Mikes. I haven't done this in quite awhile. I kept shooting trying to figure out what I was doing. It didn't take long, the next repetition acutally. I just went back to the basics and snapped my eyes to the exact target spot, nothing more and nothing less. Took care of all the hits. Next four reps were (10rd drill) 36 A's and 4 C's. Its amazing what happens when you stick to the fundementals.

If something isn't going well, don't give up. Just go back to the basics

Flyin

I had 3 dryfire sessions since the live fire session. All 3 sessions of my usual dryfire routine were the same but eye snap and target spot has been my main goal during the sessions. I really wanted to see the target spot before every trigger pull.

Flyin

...eye snap and target spot has been my main goal during the sessions. I really wanted to see the target spot before every trigger pull.
good post..

it is simple just like BE recollected with TGO... " find the middle of the target and shoot it."

That sounds like a good basis to build into your mental prep before 'Make Ready' ?

...eye snap and target spot has been my main goal during the sessions. I really wanted to see the target spot before every trigger pull.
good post..

it is simple just like BE recollected with TGO... " find the middle of the target and shoot it."

That sounds like a good basis to build into your mental prep before 'Make Ready' ?

Yep, part of my mental prep is visualizing the eye snap and target spot. I visualize my eyes snapping........seeing the target spot........then bringing the gun over. My visualization makes it 2 separate actions to emphasize the eyes leading. Sometimes we let ourselves revert back to old mindsets. I'm glad I picked it up so quickly.

Flyin

I had a practice today and it started out great. I did some draws, reloads etc. I move on to a port drill where I was working on moving from one port to the next. Once I started this drill my hits weren't my usual hits. I had a couple D's and a couple Mikes. I haven't done this in quite awhile. I kept shooting trying to figure out what I was doing. It didn't take long, the next repetition acutally. I just went back to the basics and snapped my eyes to the exact target spot, nothing more and nothing less. Took care of all the hits. Next four reps were (10rd drill) 36 A's and 4 C's. Its amazing what happens when you stick to the fundementals.

If something isn't going well, don't give up. Just go back to the basics.

Flyin

Yes - I can't tell you how many times I "learned" that lesson. Which means I never really learned it. ;)

be