Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speed Steel

ShaunH

I'm thinking of getting a .22 for speedsteel; however, I'm not sure what to get. Anyone out there have a preference or suggestion? Pics of their own setup? Thank you in advance.

S

Edited by ShaunH

I have two that I use irregularly.

My old Model 41 is what I prefer as I am more used to it, the other is a new Browning Buckmark Stainless (it is really my daughters, but I have the keys to the safe), it has the fibre optic front sight, and we can scope mount it using a Weigand Mount. She likes it a lot, I have tried it as well and it works real slick. We use standard either US made 36-40gr High velocity or Australian made Power Point, the guns just run better on it. The browning is really fond of CCI Minimag and is most accurate with the Power Point, this is the 5th or 6th Browning that I know of that has this preference. My M41 goes way better on the Power Point than anything else. Cheap ammo is not a good idea. You do get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Browning Buckmark with a Tactical Solutions barrel. It's really light, and I love it. I can confirm that these things are ammo sensitive.

I shot BJ Norris' Tactical Solutions 2211 conversion and it was nice.

Dave Sevigny shoots a Buckmark and won the open rimfire event at Steel Challenge this year. BJ was less than a second behind Dave.

So, you really gotta find what's right for you. You can't go wrong with anything from Tactical Solutions, whether it's just a barrel or a conversion. If you need magazines for your 2211, check out Midway USA, they're a little cheaper than ordering direct from TacSol.

Seiichi