Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just recived my PACT MKIV - its going back!

GARD72977

I just recived my PACT MKIV. My first question is where do i open this thing up to insert the vhs tape. ITS HUGE. I am a new shooter and never owned a timer. This is the worst instruction booklet I have ever seen. I have read the book ( all 16 pages) and still have no idea to control the timer ! I really thought this was the timer I wanted now I really dont think so. Im going to send it back and get the Club timer unless anyone can tell me why I should not.

Got the CED 8000 with the big board.

No complaints.

My son and I have little training "competitions" when we go to the range. Witht he big board there can be NO lying.

Hes going to out shoot me soon....little &^(#^(^(&

Hes got the new SIS Kimber .45 and his issued Glock 19 and some ambition to improve.

What more do you need?

I highly recommend the CED timer.

Easy to use and not too big.

Clips to the belt.

JK

The Pact is actually pretty intuitive in operation to me, love mine. I worried about the size a little at first but it just hasn't been an issue at all.

How did you lear all the functions. I cant figure out how to work it other than the basics

I use par time, cadence, regular timer function, keyed beeps and the chronograph. All I know is which button does which function, and those are written on the top. I push the button for the function, answer the questions/enter my settings and go. I didn't get a manual with mine and had it going without much trouble, then I got a manual and looked it over, the manual doesn't help much.

If I leave it on, like I have a real tendency to do, every time I use it. If I shut it off when I am done I get several weeks of use out of it.

I store mine in the bag upside down so I can see the switch before I zip the bag.

FM