Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 ICORE Cup

I donated enough books to the match to get a sponsors slot. So I want to give it away in this thread with a trivia question. So if some shooters who are planning to go but don't yet have a slot post in this thread... stay tuned and I'll announce the day/time when I'll post the question.

be

Brian,

Thanks for becoming part of our match. :cheers: It's in the second year and growing by leaps and bounds. We are a large range in central MS with nearly 900 members. We are only 20 minutes from Jackson International airport.

We also host the MS Classic, which is a Level 3 USPSA match that has 150+ shooters every year.

Edited by BlackSabbath

Brian,

I plan to go, and don't yet have a slot. Make the question a simple one. Preferably from your book, since that is the only one I read regularly.

Mark :cheers:

It's the only one I read.. :surprise: ...Dang, Butter em up good Mark.. (Where is the Boot Licker Emoticon when you need it) :roflol:

What I should have said, is that it is the only book that I have read in the last 8 years. ( excluding training manuals and SOP's for work ). I spend all day reading and writing proposals, and that is all the fiction that I have time for. I started perfect practise a couple of years ago, and still haven't hit the half way point. I have read Beyond Fundamentals close to 20 times, the first few didn't really sink in, and after about 10 times, I went through and highlighted chapters, that I felt were relevant to me.

You can ask any Aussie shooter, but I would not travel to a match without it in my bag. I used to have it on me when I was at matches, and if something got under my skin, like a bad RO call, or me perceving that someone had done something that I couldn't, I would sneak away and look at what thoughts I had colored in the book. This would help me overcome the mental anguish of dealing with a bad call, or preparing to hit a stage as hard as the last guy.

I even still wiggle my toes before the start buzzer, to remind myself not to remember, what it is that I don't need to know. :wacko:

Anyone who has read it just once, and claims they got it, is lying to you. It is way deeper than the first read.

Mark :D

Okay, cool, we have a couple players. I was planning on announcing a time when I would post the question... maybe give a day or two advance notice would put more weight on the question and not just whether you happen to be on the forum when I posted the question. But, I'll be out of town from tomorrow morning through the weekend... so I'm not quite sure what to do. I'll have internet access, but I won't be able to guarantee any time that I could be online.

So you guys that don't have slots - what would you rather me do - post the question today, or wait till Monday (at some certain time)?

be

Hi Brian,

If you want, I'll be happy to stand in for you on the posting. You can PM me the question and I'll post it for you whenever you want it to go up. I'm not shooting the match, so I don't really have a dog in the hunt, but I'll be working it again this year wherever Glen needs me. Anyone object to me filling in for Brian while he's out of town?

John Heiter

Hi Brian,

If you want, I'll be happy to stand in for you on the posting. You can PM me the question and I'll post it for you whenever you want it to go up. I'm not shooting the match, so I don't really have a dog in the hunt, but I'll be working it again this year wherever Glen needs me. Anyone object to me filling in for Brian while he's out of town?

John Heiter

Good solution John - thank you. What would be a good time for you to post the question, say, on Thursday?

be

Ok, for all those interested, I'll set myself a reminder to post the questions Brian provided at 11 am CT (GMT-6) on Thursday the 21st. That way everyone has fair warning of exactly when they will appear. Post your answers/guesses in this thread and I'll let Brian reveal the winner when he gets back online.

Good luck to everyone on getting these right. :rolleyes:

John

Here you go guys. Remember, these are straight from Brian, not me. :rolleyes:

Here they are:

One of my devious moderators came up with 2 questions:

What name did Pat Hogue give the goat that Vic Picket gave him at the 2008 IRC?

Where is that goat living now?

Whoever first answers both questions correctly wins the slot.