Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grass Fire

Steve J

They're OK. They could see the flames in the field across the road and had to evacuate everybody (along with the powder and test-fire ammo) for a while, so they're trying to catch up as best they can now.

They're OK. They could see the flames in the field across the road and had to evacuate everybody (along with the powder and test-fire ammo) for a while, so they're trying to catch up as best they can now.

That's great news! Too close for comfort though. Hope no one in the area suffered any serious losses. Isn't LaRue Tactical on that same road a mile or two down from Dawson?

Isn't LaRue Tactical on that same road a mile or two down from Dawson?

LaRue is a little ways away in Leander...

They used to be just down the road from each other.

Thats what I was thinking - I remember going to the LaRue Shop a couple years ago and it wasn't that far away. Anyone know if Dawson's storefront is open on Saturdays - need to pick up some OPEN mag parts!!

Thats what I was thinking - I remember going to the LaRue Shop a couple years ago and it wasn't that far away. Anyone know if Dawson's storefront is open on Saturdays - need to pick up some OPEN mag parts!!

Not open weekends. :mellow:

Doug, Doug, Doug... silly rabbit. Weekends are for shooting, not working.

Glad DP's side of the road was spared. Beautiful country there. No "major" losses. That's good.

Update:

Crews say Florence grass fire 100 percent contained

8/9/2008 1:08 PM

By: News 8 Austin Staff

Fire crews said they have the brush fire in Florence 100 percent contained, but they're still watching closely for hot spots.

That fire, which began Thursday afternoon, burned more than 3,700 acres, and caused the evacuation of about 60 homes along 195.

The Red Cross set up an emergency shelter at Florence Middle School, but everybody was allowed to return home Thursday night.

Fire crews returned to the scene Friday morning. They said low winds and high humidity helped keep the fire from spreading.

Emergency crews from more than 15 departments handled the fires that threatened 150 structures. Only two abandoned buildings were lost.

No injuries were reported, and the cause of the fire is being investigated.

The fields are downright crispy out here in Hutto. Doesn't stop morons from flicking cigarettes out their windows along 1660. Geez, I hope it rains soon! The winds were brisk yesterday, which was making me nervous. Grass fire would not be good right now! Glad to hear DP is OK!