Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sticker Shock!

flagaman

Was at a local gun show today and found a 625-2. Thought I would try to pick it up to go with my 625-6. Turned the tag over; $879.00. Maybe a misprint so asked him his best price, $800.00 he says. Am I dreaming or have these things gone up this much since I got mine a year or so ago?

The prices on all versions of the 5" 625 have been slipping upward since the factory discontinued that gun at the beginning of the year. Still, $800 is too much for a 625-2. He did you a favor, though, as the 625-2s are problematic guns with floating hands and tight chambers that create problems for shooters.

The prices on all versions of the 5" 625 have been slipping upward since the factory discontinued that gun at the beginning of the year. Still, $800 is too much for a 625-2. He did you a favor, though, as the 625-2s are problematic guns with floating hands and tight chambers that create problems for shooters.

Speaking of discontinued--do you think they will start to re-make them again.

Of course simple supply and demand. Same story with the 610. Restrict supply for awhile then bring it back. The key is maintaining quality.

Thanks all for your responses. If they would bring it back, I would hope they would offer 3, 4 and 5" barrels. I would practically kill for a 3" to balance out my J & K frame CCW collection.

Thanks all for your responses. If they would bring it back, I would hope they would offer 3, 4 and 5" barrels. I would practically kill for a 3" to balance out my J & K frame CCW collection.

They are currently producing 3" model 25s.

Dave

Thanks for the info. Believe these are the exotic, read ouch when you shoot it, lightweight type aren't they? I have, unfortunately, became recoil sensitive as I have matured. Arthritis and such I guess. I don't have any of the ultralite type guns at all, just uncomfortable after putting a few cylinders downrange. I do like the new nightguard, but again, it is probably on the light side for much shooting. I have even loaded down and still feel it after a bit. I am just not as tough as I used to be!

Edited by flagaman

Thanks for the info. Believe these are the exotic, read ouch when you shoot it, lightweight type aren't they? I have, unfortunately, became recoil sensitive as I have matured. Arthritis and such I guess. I don't have any of the ultralite type guns at all, just uncomfortable after putting a few cylinders downrange. I do like the new nightguard, but again, it is probably on the light side for much shooting. I have even loaded down and still feel it after a bit. I am just not as tough as I used to be!

Nope-all steel, square butt model 25s-just like Mom used to make.

Dave

Of course simple supply and demand. Same story with the 610. Restrict supply for awhile then bring it back. The key is maintaining quality.

They will be back eventually. As for quality, Smith wouldn't know quality if it bit them in the butt. On the other hand, Smith does give you enough of a revolver to work with and you can make them run.

Lew Horton special. Blue and Nickel Limit of 250 LOOK HERE

Thanks, very nice smart looking piece with an equally smart looking price I see. Afraid that's a little steep for me. Unless I can hustle up some more money, I'm afraid that $600 or so is about it.