Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barricade Shrouds/Scope Mounts/Mag Wells

Bafaction

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the 2009 SHOT Show, Caspian Arms Ltd. displayed the first test run of "Bruce Piatt Action Shrouds". It was modeled directly after the shroud I've been using for years. In fact, I took my gun apart, gave them the parts and said...

"here, make this". They copied it so exact, that they included some of my holes from previous wing designs. We sat down and detailed the final design. I took one home, mounted it on a gun and confirmed that the angle of the mounting surface was correct. I zero'd the gun at 50 yds. Shot it at 25, 15 and 10 yds. It held zero perfectly. The wing mounts to the top rail and can slide forward and aft. You select the location and tighten it down with set screw.

I'm sorry to say that I don't have pictures so share.

Caspian is now scheduling their machines for a full production run. Expected retail price is $300.

There was a lot of interest at the SHOT Show, so get your order in at www.capsianarms.com

Hope to see you all in Columbia in May.

Bruce Piatt

Edited by BPiatt

At the 2009 SHOT Show, Caspian Arms Ltd. displayed the first test run of "Bruce Piatt Action Shrouds". It was modeled directly after the shroud I've been using for years. In fact, I took my gun apart, gave them the parts and said...

"here, make this". They copied it so exact, that they included some of my holes from previous wing designs. We sat down and detailed the final design. I took one home, mounted it on a gun and confirmed that the angle of the mounting surface was correct. I zero'd the gun at 50 yds. Shot it at 25, 15 and 10 yds. It held zero perfectly. The wing mounts to the top rail and can slide forward and aft. You select the location and tighten it down with set screw.

I'm sorry to say that I don't have pictures so share.

Caspian is now scheduling their machines for a full production run. Expected retail price is $300.

There was a lot of interest at the SHOT Show, so get your order in at www.capsianarms.com

Hope to see you all in Columbia in May.

Bruce Piatt

Bruce,

Great news. What is the hole pattern?

Martin

Edited by Allgoodhits

Martin,

It's the Weigand hole pattern but I don't think it would be a problem to make a few without holes and leave it up to you for installation.

If this is something people want, I'll pass it onto Caspian.

I'd like to hear from those who would be interested in a mount without holes.

Bruce

Bruce - As a default, I think designing one with a C-More pattern would be a great idea. Pop off your C-More, throw on the shroud, mover base and dot of choice and go play.

Sounds perfect to me.

Rich

+1 on the C-More pattern idea. Makes it a lot easier for folks to take their IPSC open guns and swap out their C-Mores for a shroud.

I would bet one with no holes will appeal to those building from new or rebuilding an old AP gun. If you wish to convert from an IPSC / USPSA Open gun then C-More would be preferable. As long as it will also fit other than 1911 frames as well. A lot of guys run STI etc.

For ease of manufacture and to keep it simple, Weigand if they come pre drilled and nothing for anyone else. That way anyone can get a no holer and sent to gunsmith and he can sort it. Maybe offer a drilling service for those that require it at a small extra charge.

Who in the world still uses Weigand mounts for anything?

Weigand brand not many, but the hole spacing is pretty much one of the most popular.

Most of the single sided IPSC mounts we have down here are the 5 hole Weigand pattern, many people have to reuse parts of an old gun as the rest of the handgun are no longer useful. So much of the fixtures have remain unchanged.

On their way from Austrailia now :)

Yahoo.......We might get them on the guns by the cup yet............ :surprise:

Hey mate have you got your shroud and is it fitted up yet.

Still Waiting......... :o

Yahoo, the mail man dropped it off last night. I haven't had a chance to fit it up yet, but it looks like it will work well. I will give you an update once it is fitted.

On their way from Austrailia now :)

Yahoo.......We might get them on the guns by the cup yet............ :surprise:

Hey mate have you got your shroud and is it fitted up yet.

Still Waiting......... :o

Yahoo, the mail man dropped it off last night. I haven't had a chance to fit it up yet, but it looks like it will work well. I will give you an update once it is fitted.

Thats good news. :D Post a few pics and what you think of the final product once you have fitted it up and had a shot with it.

• 2 months later...